First 1220212223 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No, I'm going to tell you to go and read and be less comfortable with cliched and hackneyed half-truths. How many people tell you what you just wrote or did you think that was clever?
    Why would I want to go read? I have beliefs.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Oh alright, you dont believe in reading. Well, I thought that about atheists. I guess you can be my evidence today.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Islam is ~600 years younger than Christianity. 600 years ago, Christianity was undergoing the Inquisition. It remains to be seen whether Islam will experience its own enlightenment, sparked by the thoughts of progressive, modern Muslims who risk death threats to bring their faith out of its dark ages.
    We may not have time. One Islamic State has nuclear weapons and another is building them as I write. So if we wait for Islam to have their own Enlightenment, there may not be much left to enlighten.

Anyway Islam has had their own Reformation already and gone back to the literal truth of the Koran and Sharia Law. And 57 Islamic States have openly and publicly rejected the Enlightenment and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons don't give us the luxury of time.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Ginkgo liked it, but why jesus/yahweh?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    @Ginkgo liked it, but why jesus/yahweh?
    Familiarity... though... there are other aspects. You might say that other gods are lesser, more defined manifestations.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We may not have time. One Islamic State has nuclear weapons and another is building them as I write. So if we wait for Islam to have their own Enlightenment, there may not be much left to enlighten.

Anyway Islam has had their own Reformation already and gone back to the literal truth of the Koran and Sharia Law. And 57 Islamic States have openly and publicly rejected the Enlightenment and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons don't give us the luxury of time.
    Modern technology allows for far more rapid dissemination of knowledge, however, and much easier communication among far-flung individuals and groups who share the desire for progress. Time will tell which factor will predominate.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    If it matters, I've got religious friends who I appreciate, and have my own long history meandering through faith, and I still thought your humor was amusing and spot on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You know what I like about people making fun of my beliefs?

I got beliefs.
    I got beliefs, too.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I got beliefs, too.
    Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Please share.
    I believe I will have fun tomorrow night.