User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    What type of phenomena people experience? Just feelings of being watched and feeling disorientated, abnormal bodily sensations or something more akin to what could be considered a genuine mystical state?
    I know in the paranormal circles it's pretty widely thought that there are people who are especially sensitive to electromagnetic fields like you'd have if you had faulty wiring or HEPA filters installed and that those fields can produce feelings that can be interpreted as a spirit....feelings of being watched, followed, nausea, feelings of oppression... but also that paradoxically it's thought that high fields can also intensify spirit activity. That's the general view in those circles.
    Now if you were to take the spiritualist tradition's POV seriously and consider hypothetically that there was a spirit realm. Some prominent occultists like Dion Fortune speak of there being a veil figuratively speaking between these worlds and if you peak on the other side whatever is on that side peaks back at you...so that's surely something to consider too beforehand, just in case. ...Of course you can choose to take that as just superstition and see it as brain stimulation.



    That is a really good documentary. I've seen it too and it was informative, interesting, tasteful and respectful.
    Well having it freely available would in part be just an excuse to permit me to get using it, the things you mention about feeling as though you are being looked at etc. dont really strike me as being experiences of God, they sound more like the different sorts of disorientation you could experience on rollercoasters or something like that.

    Although I dont see the whole thing as a disproof of God or spirituality or spiritualism.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Just because your insulting comments get a pass doesnt mean that that is all they amount to insults. Why dont you try to contribute something instead? Just because they have not been interesting enough for anyone to comment or take an interest in the past doesnt mean that this going to happen every time you post. You should try it. At the moment people just look at your posts and avatar and think that's that insulting guy, you could be more than that I'm sure. Think about it.
    You can stop showing it, Lark, everybody has already seen your badge.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You can stop showing it, Lark, everybody has already seen your badge.
    I know, I get regular positive feedback in the form of reps, friend requests, PMs, the works. And as you know contact off the site. What do you get? I dont see you posting much besides insults or rude comments to people, sometimes its a lame attempt at humour but most of the time it just makes you appear like you're suffering from some serious case of depression.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I know, I get regular positive feedback in the form of reps, friend requests, PMs, the works. And as you know contact off the site. What do you get? I dont see you posting much besides insults or rude comments to people, sometimes its a lame attempt at humour but most of the time it just makes you appear like you're suffering from some serious case of depression.
    You always bring up (imaginary) popularity when you talk to people you do not like. Why is that? You can start a popularity contest thread if it means that much to you, though.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You always bring up (imaginary) popularity when you talk to people you do not like. Why is that? You can start a popularity contest thread if it means that much to you, though.
    Well imaginary popularity is in play alright, I'm sure you imagine that being completely insulting and rude towards me makes you very popular with an imaginary gallery, maybe it does, although I'd count that gallery as small in number. In any case you're wrong in believing it matters to me. I'd ask you again about why you have to act this way to get people responding to you on the forum but its something you've avoided repeatedly so I'll save myself some time.

    So you can go now and contemplate about how you failed again to provoke me into saying something which'll result in an infraction or perma ban. This isnt your own personal game of thrones, its just a forum in which, for the most part, people can have a civil exchange and engage with topical discussions to pass the time and have a laugh.

  6. #16
    In orbit
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well having it freely available would in part be just an excuse to permit me to get using it, the things you mention about feeling as though you are being looked at etc. dont really strike me as being experiences of God, they sound more like the different sorts of disorientation you could experience on rollercoasters or something like that.

    Although I dont see the whole thing as a disproof of God or spirituality or spiritualism.
    No me neither. If there's a mechanism for something is one thing, meaning is another. Not the same thing obviously. The helmet sounds interesting. In the documentary the results weren't that unusual or in any way what I'd term as experiencing God. That's why I was curious as to what other types of experiences they might have had reported with it. Well it's interesting in any case.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    No me neither. If there's a mechanism for something is one thing, meaning is another. Not the same thing obviously. The helmet sounds interesting. In the documentary the results weren't that unusual or in any way what I'd term as experiencing God. That's why I was curious as to what other types of experiences they might have had reported with it. Well it's interesting in any case.
    In the wiki its a big daft motor cycle helmet and I wonder what that's about because in the documentary footage and a book I read about this it was instead like a swimming cap or neurological scan head piece, I've always wondered about means to altered states of consciousness as it pertains to spirituality, like when I've read about someone who has a vision at the end of a physical trial or meditation of some sort, especially since I know that I'm unlikely to be able to reproduce the same results myself. I'm less enamoured with the idea of toxicological short cuts to expanded consciousness or altered states, perhaps because I associate them with damage or risk which I dont associate something like the God helmet idea with.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So you can go now and contemplate about how you failed again to provoke me into saying something which'll result in an infraction or perma ban.
    I made fun of your god helmet idea because it is stupid, as I usually make fun of your ideas because they are stupid. If, in return, you say something amusing, I take that, too; but generally I just find your ideas worth ridiculing.

    Please do not try to read my posts as if they were written by you in situations in which you would write them. It only leads to false interpretations.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I made fun of your god helmet idea because it is stupid, as I usually make fun of your ideas because they are stupid. If, in return, you say something amusing, I take that, too; but generally I just find your ideas worth ridiculing.

    Please do not try to read my posts as if they were written by you in situations in which you would write them. It only leads to false interpretations.
    OK well, have fun then, for my part I dont see anything redeeming about your posts what so ever, I just see someones issues spilling out all over the forum and the place is the poorer for it. Take care now.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    OK well, have fun then, for my part I dont see anything redeeming about your posts what so ever, I just see someones issues spilling out all over the forum and the place is the poorer for it. Take care now.
    An honest question: Are you sure it is Te for you, not Fe?

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] How do SJs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 01:19 PM
  2. [SP] How do SPs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 02:36 AM
  3. [NF] How do NFs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Mythology: Favourite god/goddess...
    By sundowning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. [NT] How do NTs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO