User Tag List

123 Last

Spiritual Exercise

I have two spiritual gifts - I become entranced easily and I have a high response to stimulae.

And the two reinforce each other. So that in a trance my high response is released.

This causes me two social problems - the first is that we all entranced in various ways, but we are not aware we are in a trance.

And my second social problem is that very few have a high response to stimulae, and don't appreciate my high response.

A Trance Designer

So I am surrounded by those in various stages of trance but don't recognise they are entranced.

For instance, there is the catholic trance, the protestant trance, the judaic trance, the islamic trance, the hindu trance, the movie trance, the trance of books, the TV trance, the internet trance, and the mbti trance.

And these are unconscious trances. To a large degree these trances are taken for granted.

So rather than taking my trances for granted, I want to design my own trances. I want to become a trance designer.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Mmm

Did you ever want anything outside the trance?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

So what do you want victor?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Exquisitely Alive

As I move into my spiritual exercise, I run into my abreaction.

My first impulse is to avoid it. But I tell myself to listen even if it is disorientating and painful, because it is a way, the way, for me to become spiritually whole, to become wholesome, to integrate my whole self.

My second impulse is to externalise my abreaction, and seek to act it out in my everyday life. But acting out in everyday life is foolish and self defeating. So I need to experience my abreation without acting it out - easier said than done.

And although experiencing my abreaction is painful and disorientating, it leaves me feeling more alive - exquisitely alive.

Not Knowing and Knowing

Yesterday sitting in the library I was approached by an involuntary trance.

At first I was afraid, then I looked this sinuous cat in the eyes and took her to the marble foyer of the library.

As the cat approached, I didn't know what to do. But I knew something profound was happening because I didn't know what to do.

And not knowing what to do, I became afraid. So I took my fear and my 'not knowing' into the large, airy, rather grand, marble foyer. And there I let myself sink further and further into not knowing what to do.

Soon my fear disappeared into the air and I became conscious of the things and even the people around me.

And it was though I was feeding an appetite, it was as though I had a hunger for not knowing.

But not knowing was only the door, the portal, to my deeper inner self that was asking, all by itself, to be fed.

So I fed my inner self in the grand, marble foyer of the library until I was satisfied, then I came back to knowing, refreshed and relaxed.

Change

My external life is secure and ordered while I have an appetite for my inner life.

So far I have yet to achieve a balance between my external and inner lives.

I do have a spiritual exercise which I believe will teach me, accustom me, to balance my inner and outer.

And although I have worked out this exercise in detail, I am afraid to start.

I am afraid to start because it will change me. And at the moment I am a bit our of balance, but comfortable.

I will no doubt look for any excuse not to start. And perhaps looking for excuses and not starting is part of learning to change myself.

My mother changed me when I was a little baby and now I need to change myself.

Today at mid-day, taking my life into my hands, no, taking my psyche into my hands, I began my spiritual exercise.

And I only dipped my toe in, to test the waters, and yes, there is a powerful flow. So I will proceed, day by day, slowly and cautiously, fully experiencing each moment of the exercise, and then allowing it to percolate into my life.

I will watch how it changes my view of others as it changes my view of myself. So rather than a room with a view, I have a spiritual exercise with a view - but a view to what? Who knows?

MBTI
    GONE

Mod note - thread was posted in wrong category so I moved it to Fluff zone.

:edit: moved again
    Last edited by CzeCze; 06-04-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is the first time that I've noticed that you speak without certainty and that you are applying the concept of change to yourself and not others exclusively. Interesting.