User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    Yeah. In my experience, the ones that really need to click the links, actually don't.
    I don't understand what you mean. Are you implying I never heard of Camus or what he said about Sysiphos?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It is indeed pointless, but since we only have one, I recommend enjoying it while it lasts.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by siltha View Post
    We can do what we want but we can’t choose to want what we want.
    I know this is true, painfully..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Are you implying I never heard of Camus or what he said about Sysiphos?
    no, it simply means that when writing my reply, I had the choice of creating the link or not. in my experience, nobody clicks on links, therefore I wrote it out in my version.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

Life is a chemical process that happened as accident billions of years ago. Life doesn’t have an intelligent creator, it’s all blind and crude forces of the nature creating all forms of life we know. It’s mere product of random chance, it’s impossible for it to have any meaning.

All our feelings are just mechanisms of gene machines that serve as motivations to make us exist long enough to allow a DNA molecule to make one more copy of itself. But allowing this DNA molecule to replicate itself infinitely is absolutely pointless.

We can do what we want but we can’t choose to want what we want. As robots of genes we are biased and prejudiced towards life in a way to keep surviving and reproducing irrationally. We are slaves of a senseless will to live.

Why don’t we choose to think of our biases and prejudices and try to overcome them? Why not to overcome this life?
    Welcome to the first step in a long line of enlightenment. We are just machines. What's the next step? Where can your thoughts go from here?
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Permabanned

You were given a life, you might as well use it.

The beauty of life is that it isn't binding, you and you alone choose what it is you do.

If life had a point, and you were bound to that point, then you would be a slave.

But, instead, you are free.

I like that more than the alternative, but maybe that's just me.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Life is a chemical process that happened as accident billions of years ago. Life doesn’t have an intelligent creator, it’s all blind and crude forces of the nature creating all forms of life we know. It’s mere product of random chance, it’s impossible for it to have any meaning.
    It's a chemical process, but what happened before hand to make the chemical process possible? and before that? and before that? and before that? seems nature goes deeper then your observations. Besides you can't even define consciousness, how can you say you know everything in the world
    All our feelings are just mechanisms of gene machines that serve as motivations to make us exist long enough to allow a DNA molecule to make one more copy of itself. But allowing this DNA molecule to replicate itself infinitely is absolutely pointless.
    So you must be god and understand the natural order and that the state of consciousness in the human beings is completely irrelevant to the universe as a whole. How do you know this? i am intrigued
    We can do what we want but we can’t choose to want what we want. As robots of genes we are biased and prejudiced towards life in a way to keep surviving and reproducing irrationally. We are slaves of a senseless will to live.

Why don’t we choose to think of our biases and prejudices and try to overcome them? Why not to overcome this life?
    How dare you bring this blaberful filth in the philosophy section
    1+1=3 OMFG

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

no it's not.
    allow me to show you the light.

for further reference.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Talking about this is pointless. Although I have been known to engage in and enjoy pointless activity.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal"

The point is to have meaning, to have meaning you need signifigance, signifigance is in relation.
    I find the odds of being born a human pretty significant. Even if there were nothing but ants, chickens and humans on this planet, you’d have about a 0.0000067 percent chance of being human, or pretty damn near zero.
    Despite our attempts to overpopulate and control the earth, we are actually very rare in relation to other living creatures.

I also find what seperates humans from animals fairly significant. General computation, promiscuous combination of ideas, mental symbols and abstract thought... ego. Only humans have the ability to sense dissatisfaction or emptiness in the life experience, only humans seek perfection and completion. This to me, is fairly significant...what purpose does it serve?

I believe these differences are exactly what is needed to set the framework for what the buddhists would call "dependent-origination."

"this Law of Dependent Origination is beyond time and space, beyond relativity and beyond birth and extinction. The Law of Dependent Origination is always as such. It is because of the defilement of self-clinging and self-attachment that human beings are deluded. With our morality, wisdom, and determination, we may develop our practice and transcend the mundane state of human beings. Then we may realise and experience the ultimate absolute from the dependent originated worldly conditions. If we can attain this blissful state, we will find that although life is still life, every present state of life is eternal, and every moment is a moment of liberation"

Even if this is all a crock and there is no point as you say, I am infinately thankful for my opportuniy of existance. So much to do, think, feel, create, experience.. so amazing to just be a part of it all..a conscious observer of life ... how anyone could prefer non-existance to this is.. beyond my comprehension.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN-Bo9XCwsk"].[/YOUTUBE]
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts