• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is life too easy?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Perhaps the reason we feel so many negative feelings in our culture is because from a historical standpoint we have such a plethora of luxurious experiences available to us that we are not being challenged sufficiently to grow and really push ourselves. Perhaps if we put ourselves in more situations where we can be put to our limits on every level in the act of creation we would be happier?

So basically you wanna be this guy:

God_damn.jpg

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I want to be this guy

001SHA_Anthony_Robbins_002.jpg

: ) )

That's tony robbins in shallow hal playing a fictitious version of himself. :)

Actually, I want to be a mixture of him, conan o'brein, and carl sagan :)

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Perhaps the reason we feel so many negative feelings in our culture is because from a historical standpoint we have such a plethora of luxurious experiences available to us that we are not being challenged sufficiently to grow and really push ourselves.

There is a cycle of successes and failures that leads us into the next challenge and the uncertainty of the next step is what I think we confuse at 'negative feelings' sometimes.

How do we know if we have sufficiently grown in one area and what difference does it make if we are content with what we get? A greater challenge may create a greater feeling of achievement if reached, but at the cost how much stress to get there?

I don't think life is really any easier than it was hundreds of years ago.

Perhaps if we put ourselves in more situations where we can be put to our limits on every level in the act of creation we would be happier?

More neurotic right?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with everything you said 100% except the last sentence lol. I think there is healthy stress and then there is being exposed to too much, tapping out your adrenal glands, a cortisol dump and then massive depression.

I am not suggesting those with lots of stress take more upon themselves. However, I do think by altering your perception of stress, doing more "self care" excercises (brushing teeth, sleeping right, eating right, taking care of your appearance, etc), you boost self esteem which helps "cure" the depression over time and makes you feel better. So, if you FEEL like shit perhaps healthy stress that challenges you, but does not overwhelm you is a part of the solution.