User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 98

  1. #51
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    It's them knowitall Ni freaks, they're the ones behind it.
    Well, you're not all that far from the mark. They know how the achieve a goal, because it's achievement that they are after. But how do you decide which goal is worthy to achieve? Especially for everyone? Ah, okay.. way to much Perceiving here, that's just how I operate.

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I guess the only real 'enforcement' i see happening here is a kind of societal cold shoulder, or dismissal. If that's the worst of it, then I'd say it's a bearable form of oppression.

    As a Ne user, the most I can ask for is that everybody is able to get their say if they so choose to say it, and not be too strong armed around in if and how they choose to express themselves. I don't know if that fits within your oppressive tolerance parameters, or not.

    In rl, I get angry and active when things like that start interfering with my mode of living.. my way to feed myself and be myself. Multiculturalism hasn't gotten in my way, but I probably dont run in the right circles for it the affect me.

    Honestly, I don't understand any of how human nature and culture works in the big picture.. and I'm puzzled at those who claim they do. I'm incredulous at those who 'know' the absolute right now, I'm dubious about how anybody can predict how our approaches will affect the microcosm when we can barely guess what will happen to us on the street tomorrow, especially since the more I learn, the less I feel I understand. Culture is an ever changing animal, hopefully morphing towards our needs and sometimes taking monstrous forms in the process. And really, multiculturalism is really just a sham, it's just an effective foil to further specific interests, those pushing it will only be tolerant enough. I'm sure this is part of your problem with it, the hypocrisy.
    Yes, it's the hypocrisy that bugs me, the irony of it all, that "tolerance" has become the "right" thing to believe instead of "man and woman only should be married" or "blacks and whites should stay apart." It sounds good on the surface, that "tolerance" has become the "right" but the fact is that underneath this facade of "tolerance" is still intolerance toward things they don't agree with, for example my complete flabbergasted response to the people who were allowed to openly bash Zionist Jews, but I was temp-banned for a month and accused of trolling because I suggested that multi-cult in Western Europe had begun to become impractical, all the while saying I didn't want to hurt or oppress any particular group, or press my own values into their countries. It's very strange to me. There IS a societally "correct" morality now, and it extends far beyond "don't hate people because of the color of their skin or who they love" ...it's become really odd...but yeah, you get it, it's the hypocrisy.

    I study culture by looking at patterns in history. I'm hugely into history and into how various constructs have manifested in other countries and in other time periods, so I believe that we can see that certain trends (because of human nature, and how humans have consistently always behaved biologically and sociologically) will lead to xyz.

    I think we should be hopeful without being too idealistic, there's a point where saying "all morality is relative" becomes very stupid and destructive, in my opinion, because we can observe cause and effect.

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Marmie is TypoC's own Ayn Rand.
    Fantastic. I've gotten an upgrade from "female liberal Rush Limbaugh" (my own self-deprecating observation of myself five years ago) to "TypeC's own Ayn Rand."

    I'm moving up in the world.

  4. #54
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    It's them knowitall Ni freaks, they're the ones behind it.
    It's interesting you say that, because I think our current societal idea of perfection is actually NFJ. ENFJ to be exact. I think the Big Five - which is used by the psychiatric community while MBTI and Jungian personality theory is ignored - basically presumes the healthiest, ideal person is an ENFJ.

  5. #55
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm NOT talking about ME, SPECIFICALLY. I think you're having a hard time with that concept. Everyone should be allowed to express negative opinions. That's fine. People can express negative opinions all they like, and I'm not talking about people mocking other people...if anything, I'm talking about attempting to morally coerce people into shutting up and playing nice instead of honestly disagreeing. And disagreeing doesn't involve personal attacks.

    You're trying to turn this into a thread about personal attacks, in fact you started making them from your second post. In your first post, though, you were already playing "thought police" by saying that people should only express positive value judgements, so you indeed are part of this "tolerance" problem, especially after presuming someone who believes that being positive all the time is intellectually dishonest and morally weak is some kind of fascist that believes all people should be one way.

    You're not even discussing the idea, but me. I think the reason you can't discuss the idea, is because you support enforced tolerance. I mean, anyone who says "we should only say positive things" pretty much is part of the gold star club problem.
    No. I was suggesting that as a way of avoiding the unnecessary conflict you seem to attract to yourself everywhere you go. It was a "tip" not a rule. Often the solution to a problem involves reinterpretation of the "meaning" of the scenario which disturbs YOU.

    I like how I became the instigator because you stating that my idea was morally weak was not an attack 9_9.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    No. I was suggesting that as a way of avoiding the unnecessary conflict you seem to attract to yourself everywhere you go. It was a "tip" not a rule. Often the solution to a problem involves reinterpretation of the "meaning" of the scenario which disturbs YOU.
    I'm not sure what your concern is with me, I think if I truly wanted less conflict I'd stop engaging in battles with people. Derp.

    Now go play in the street, kid.

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Does anyone else see the irony of this person "advising" me to stop engaging in arguments with people whilst repeatedly trying to personally engage me, thereby pulling himself into a conflict?

    Oh Internet.

  8. #58
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    The only person I've had conflict w on this website is you and I do not have psycho stalkers following me through forums because I don't create this kind of drama in my personal life. Derp. Of course, I'm wrong I'm sure somehow in some way. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that "the ham" isn't just seeking more attention to fuel her psychosis lol.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  9. #59
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    It's them knowitall Ni freaks, they're the ones behind it.
    The Knights knew it all along (that's why they kept saying Ni!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    The only person I've had conflict w on this website is you and I do not have psycho stalkers following me through forums because I don't create this kind of drama in my personal life. Derp. Of course, I'm wrong I'm sure somehow in some way. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that "the ham" isn't just seeking more attention to fuel her psychosis lol.
    Why are you stalking me, then? Are you calling yourself a psycho stalker? What is your problem? You're continuing to try to talk to me, you jump into conversations that don't even involve you just to address ME GLORIOUS ME...?

    You're just making yourself look stupid. Imma let you finish.

Similar Threads

  1. ESTP vs ENTP - the value system
    By nanook in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. The Post-Secular as the Post-1968 Generation
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
  3. The Iron Man Fallacy
    By reason in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:29 AM
  4. The Nature of Values
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 02:42 PM
  5. [MBTItm] NF as the quintessential confidant.
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO