User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 98

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Interesting.

    Resonates yes, although I would say that most of the people who state an aversion to judgement or opinions in favour of tolerance are often just unconscious of how judgemental they are, its often the "wrong sort" of judgement they're opposed to as opposed to judgements per se.
    Precisely. They're very judgmental people themselves, sometimes. I've even had conversations on other forums where suggesting ideas outside of the liberal box were looked at as fascist...which struck me as the height of irony that I could be a web site of Jew bashing, Christian bashing, white-people-bashing...but if I suggested that, for example, an article on National Socialism in Russia was an enlightening way of looking at a culture, and suggesting that European people do - in fact - have a right to preserve their own culture (as long as they aren't tormenting or invading people of other nations) ...that I was a fascist. Me. Okay, yeah sure I'm the fascist. Apparently I'm just not judging the "right" thing. I should just go hate Jews and everyone will smile at me.

    Or conversely, people insisting that I accept something that I find unacceptable, and yes I'll speak out against it, and I won't be tolerant of it. Why should I be? If I feel that a certain philosophy is inherently destructive why wouldn't I speak out negatively against it? As long as I don't go into anybody's house or private space and voice these opinions, and as long as I'm voicing them publicly, WHO GIVES A FUCK. No, I don't have to tolerate it quietly. I won't.

    It's not even a matter of "sensing when" or "how" to voice one's own opinion's, because I have a perfect sense of that...IN REAL LIFE. In real life, I mainly mind my own business or avoid people I strongly disagree with, unless I think something truly destructive is going on. I don't see why I have to act that way on-line, why I should make myself as small and sheep-like as possible, in a medium that is a free flowing exchange of ideas, where someone might VOLUNTARILY listen and agree with me (note that I'm not screaming at them, or knocking on their door, or emailing them privately with my own beliefs).

  2. #22
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    No marmie, I am not passive aggressive. I can tell you you are full of shit to your face if you wish : D lol.

    I just, you know, like to feel good not be antagonistic on subjects I don't care much about. Because believe it or not my ego is not consumed with having to prove other people wrong. You know, because if you actually believe what you say is true for you, you don't really give a fuck about what other people say or do.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    No marmie, I am not passive aggressive. I can tell you you are full of shit to your face if you wish : D lol.

    I just, you know, like to feel good not be antagonistic on subjects I don't care much about. Because believe it or not my ego is not consumed with having to prove other people wrong. You know, because if you actually believe what you say is true for you, you don't really give a fuck about what other people say or do.
    Yes, you asked a question and then followed it with a statement, then denied you had made your question rhetorical by following it with a statement.

    I'm through with you.

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Providing the person isn't being self-righteous about it, I'm willing to hear (and consider) pretty much any opinion.

    *This post is not a passive-agressive remark. Thanks.
    Yeah I didn't think it was, but thanks for clarifying all the same, INTP.

  5. #25
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Kthxbai : ) )
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    It's obvious we need to send you to compliance, er, I mean, sensitivity training Marmie.







    That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I just think this trend toward over-tolerance is unhealthy. There's a difference between being open-minded enough to live and let live, and being so open-minded that you become malleable, stupid, or accepting of things to the point of passivity.
    Yes, I think tolerance is not a virtue in itself. I consider fairness to be the highest principle. Tolerating unfairness would be a vice.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Gish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    STUF
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Lets all be more tolerant of intolerance.
    Whoops.

  9. #29
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Could you Fe a little bit louder?
    Could you Fi a little bit softer?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Could you Fi a little bit softer?
    NO.


Similar Threads

  1. ESTP vs ENTP - the value system
    By nanook in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. The Post-Secular as the Post-1968 Generation
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
  3. The Iron Man Fallacy
    By reason in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:29 AM
  4. The Nature of Values
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 02:42 PM
  5. [MBTItm] NF as the quintessential confidant.
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO