First 1234 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

To the OP: Yeah. Illustrated by the latest Obama debacle.

i.e. You can't have it both ways.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've always found it annoying that liberals claim to be so tolerant, but are ironically notoriously intolerant of conservatives.

I am a liberal, but as long as people aren't harming anyone, I try to live and let live.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    intp

Dontcha know. At the heart of every liberal beats a fascist. I even got a few to admit this. They don't just want outward compliance, either. You WILL believe and feel appropriately or else.

[tosses in blowtorch + awaits indignation]
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    My philosophy is more along the lines of "find the people who want the same things out of life that you do and do not fret over the things in life outside of your control."

You are still of the belief that there is a "right" way to live for all people? Good luck with that. I hope it brings you peace.
    No. Not at all. And this is exactly what I'm talking about - if you're not a pacifist, you must be a fascist. Extremist thinking. Very simplistic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Dontcha know. At the heart of every liberal beats a fascist. I even got a few to admit this. They don't just want outward compliance, either. You WILL believe and feel appropriately or else.

[tosses in blowtorch + awaits indignation]
    Yes, there is such a thing as liberal fascism, even officially, it's not a made up idea.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lol question marks indicate questions
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As described, that's not necessarily an issue of the promotion of hyper-tolerance, it could just be an individual with no real sense of how to express their values in a way that doesn't spew and disrupt all the other conversations going on around them.

People are going to hold value judgments. Heck, I have value judgments of my own. The trick is in sensing how when and how strongly one can express them without being self-indulgent about them.
    Could you Fe a little bit louder?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Lol question marks indicate questions
    "Good luck with that. I hope it brings you peace" is a statement that implies that the question before it was rhetorical.

There are an alarming number of passive aggressive people in denial who recant when caught.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Providing the person isn't being self-righteous about it, I'm willing to hear (and consider) pretty much any opinion.

*This post is not a passive-agressive remark. Thanks.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As described, that's not necessarily an issue of the promotion of hyper-tolerance, it could just be an individual with no real sense of how to express their values in a way that doesn't spew and disrupt all the other conversations going on around them.

People are going to hold value judgments. Heck, I have value judgments of my own. The trick is in sensing how when and how strongly one can express them without being self-indulgent about them.
    ^This is what I tend to notice often, when watching people interact/debate, and this type of issue arises... some people are more adept at conveying their ideas in the moment, with whatever emotional kneejerk internal reactions are going on in the background, and some will blurt out whatever jumble of phrases that color their flash of indignance. Usually, if I ask questions after something like that, or spend more time discussing the topic, I can get a better idea of how they perceive what they were referring to, and strengthen the communication so even opposing ideas can be shared and on some level, willfully respected on both sides..

this isn't a universal observation, though. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who can be deliberately obtuse.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.