User Tag List

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lightbulb Active Symbolic Imagery

How do you use active symbolic imagery toward positive ends in your life?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

FigerPuppet

huh

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I like to have layers of stuff on top of my vision to "guide" me through life. Hmm a good analogy would be the halo metaphor. For me it is more abstract at times like Daniel tammet's association with numbers. I like to "accentuate" my natural experience by layering stuff I know others don't see on top of it. Like visualizing the sky as green or seeing an old woman as her child self or seeing myself covered in plate armor that only allows good things in. What else. I tend to count auditory patterns and represent them visually. I see "sprites" like individual pixels moving in tandem with visual processes. Sometimes I can control them sometimes it's just freeflow. Basically it is like having Photoshop or high tech augmented reality contact lenses at will.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

When I'm at work, I have a tendency to destroy the building with various scenarios as a way to quell my boredom. My favorite is exploding the wood fixtures into a mass of splinters and impaling unruly customers with them.