• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus

Lark

To be honest Jesus was such a great guy, that much is unmistakeable from any of the sources, I hate reading people trashing him.

R

Riva

To be honest Jesus was such a great guy, that much is unmistakeable from any of the sources, I hate reading people trashing him.

+1

Must give credit to Jesus for bringing humanity to the concept of God.

Before Jesus, God was the best example for a close minded tyrant who wanted everyone to love him.

Disgusting!

Lark

+1

Must give credit to Jesus for bringing humanity to the concept of God.

Before Jesus, God was the best example for a close minded tyrant who wanted everyone to love him.

Disgusting!

Although I do think that Jesus was a good example of Jewish orthodoxity too, at least some important schools of thought, there are many parallels between the sayings of Jesus, his understanding of Judahism and Moses. At least I have read them.

This relates to my other post about universal and objective morality, Jesus did not import humanism into the relationship with God, he discerned it or knew it better than others before or perhaps since, it was always there.

R

Riva

Although I do think that Jesus was a good example of Jewish orthodoxity too, at least some important schools of thought, there are many parallels between the sayings of Jesus, his understanding of Judahism and Moses. At least I have read them.

This relates to my other post about universal and objective morality, Jesus did not import humanism into the relationship with God, he discerned it or knew it better than others before or perhaps since, it was always there.

I haven't studied Christianity too much to agree or disagree with you.

But I have read the bible. I was shocked when I read the last part. They caught the good guy and whacked him till he died?

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
[YOUTUBE="lmLlE6JE3EI"]Stand up for Judas[/YOUTUBE]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1ipm.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Typing someone who lived 2,000 years ago is silly. Why not just stick with His star sign?

Why does it matter how long it has been since he lived? People are still typing people like Alexander the Great for God's sake. Why can't we type Jesus?

Mole

Permabanned
Deicide

It works well if you want to inspire hate.

Quite so.

The Jews were blamed for the death of Jesus and designated for 2,000 years as deicides, that is, murderers of God.

This led to discrimination and constant pograms particulary every Easter. And leading naturally into the Shoah, or Holocaust.

And it is only quite recently the Church in its ineffable wisdom has declared the Jews are no longer deicides.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
C'mon, we celebrate His birthday every year.
Speak for yourself. I celebrate the Solstice, another event shanghaied by institutional Christianity to co-opt existing popular sentiment.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Because such personality typing is unreliable and invalid.

I could then argue that we couldn't type characters either because they are not real life human beings and don't have "real cognitive functions".

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[Youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjEQARfQ524]Office Jesus[/YouTube]

What type is office jesus?

Mole

Permabanned
I could then argue that we couldn't type characters either because they are not real life human beings and don't have "real cognitive functions".

The deeper problem is that typing is not based on evidence and reason. For instance, mbti has not been subject to even one random double blind experiment in 70 years.

Typing is simply fantasy with a scientific patina. Typing is pseudo science.

Typing has precisely the same truth value as astrology.

In fact typing and star signs are ways to induce a light trance, so that our critical faculites are befuddled, and we are susceptible to suggestion. And the military like their recruits to be susceptible to suggestion, just as employers like their employees susceptible to suggestion, and just as predators like their victims to be susceptible to sexual suggestion.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The deeper problem is that typing is not based on evidence and reason. For instance, mbti has not been subject to even one random double blind experiment in 70 years.

Typing is simply fantasy with a scientific patina. Typing is pseudo science.

Typing has precisely the same truth value as astrology.

In fact typing and star signs are ways to induce a light trance, so that our critical faculites are befuddled, and we are susceptible to suggestion. And the military like their recruits to be susceptible to suggestion, just as employers like their employees susceptible to suggestion, and just as predators like their victims to be susceptible to sexual suggestion.

To tell the truth, people can't really type other people. They can just map out a person's cognitive functions. There are way too variables in a person's life in order to put them into a concrete type and there are so many different ways that people can develop other functions. The best we can do is attempt to map out a person's cognitive functions in order to determine which type they would fit in better than any other.

Mole

Permabanned
To tell the truth, people can't really type other people. They can just map out a person's cognitive functions. There are way too variables in a person's life in order to put them into a concrete type and there are so many different ways that people can develop other functions. The best we can do is attempt to map out a person's cognitive functions in order to determine which type they would fit in better than any other.

Psychometricians measure personality. So if we are sincere in wanting to know our own personality, we would pay a qualified psychometrician to measure our personality and interpret the results for us.