User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 153

Thread: Jesus

  1. #81
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default



    Look, it is something about your culture.

    You, Nico, well, you've figured out how to still be funny.

    But yours is a high-brow humor that the common man wouldn't really appreciate.

    As such, I think you've probably worked within your cultural milieu, and found a way to still be funny.

    The particular cultural milieu that is Germany is one of being too serious, too rational, and very "boring/dull/grey".

    The culture seems to be all about efficiency and effective engineering, and not so much about relaxing and kicking back.

    I mean, it's clear from her two responses that Red Herring did not even understand the intended humor of the video.

    As in, it's not that she simply didn't appreciate it, she didn't even get it.

    As such, sometimes y'all feel like a bunch of robots.

    It's like, "Does not compute."


  2. #82
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,648

    Default

    I protest! Of you reread my post you'll see the first thing I said that hopefully it was a parody. The last time I said that about a religious Video I was informed that it was no Satire, so this Forum has tought me to be careful.Also, the poster is a devout Cristian IIRC.

    Either way, parody is one of my least favorite forms of humor. And while there are very funny Americans both in the arts and among normal people, I personally prefer British or traditional Jewish Humor (which of course had an influence on modern American comedy)

    So...of I want to continue a sociological and historical debate about humor traditions, does that make me a humorless German or a boring INTP?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  3. #83
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I protest! Of you reread my post you'll see the first thing I said that hopefully it was a parody. The last time I said that about a religious Video I was informed that it was no Satire, so this Forum has tought me to be careful.Also, the poster is a devout Cristian IIRC.
    No, that is exactly why I said you clearly did not get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Either way, parody is one of my least favorite forms of humor. And while there are very funny Americans both in the arts and among normal people, I personally prefer British or traditional Jewish Humor (which of course had an influence on modern American comedy)


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    So...of I want to continue a sociological and historical debate about humor traditions, does that make me a humorless German or a boring INTP?

  4. #84
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think the problem is that He didn't see these things as moral problems. We can infer this because he did not speak against them.

    So I am infering that He was morally blind just like all those around Him.
    I understood what you were saying. Think of it this way, if you believe earthly things have no value then you will not start a social movement for economic justice. You could say similar things about buddhist monks because their goal is to give up all bodily and material desire. In that mindset a person could be a slave and still serve God. This is why I disagree with much of religion. It accepts the "natural order" of things (aka institutionalized abuse). With that said, I'm not going to fault someone who spent their life trying to bring about positive change in the world. I think such people show us what humanity is capable of.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  5. #85
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I understood what you were saying. Think of it this way, if you believe earthly things have no value then you will not start a social movement for economic justice. You could say similar things about buddhist monks because their goal is to give up all bodily and material desire. In that mindset a person could be a slave and still serve God. This is why I disagree with much of religion. It accepts the "natural order" of things (aka institutionalized abuse). With that said, I'm not going to fault someone who spent their life trying to bring about positive change in the world. I think such people show us what humanity is capable of.
    Lots of inferences being made by Victor.

    Inferences = Assumptions
    (... and everyone knows what is said about assumptions)

    Good point about the monks. One could infer that they do not care about rape, poverty, and a host of other ills if they spend their lives in private meditation rather than directly challenging such social injustice. But I think that would be an incorrect assumption.

    Anyone with ANY amount of Christian training will be aware of discussions about what Jesus' priority seemed to be on this earth (if one believes in the faith), what he focused on, and why he might or might not have challenged particular institutions. It would not take much effort to imagine such possibilities or uncover such discussions on the 'net, but it seems like getting such a basic comprehensive picture is not one of Victor's concerns here.

    ... then again, maybe I shouldn't assume such.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #86
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    @Jennifer he is trying to justify his moral superiority to jesus because of course HE would have done differently. HE is not insane and claiming to be God incarnate. Therefore HE is emotionally (and thus intellectually) superior to one of history's "great men" pfff
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  7. #87
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    he is trying to justify his moral superiority to jesus because of course HE would have done differently. HE is not insane and claiming to be God incarnate. Therefore HE is emotionally (and thus intellectually) superior to one of history's "great men" pfff
    And two hundred years from now, someone on a forum somewhere will post an OP decrying Victor for his moral failings compared to the then-current day and age?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #88
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    I think it is time to create another Jesus.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  9. #89
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think it is time to create another Jesus.
    Youuuuuu raaaaang?


  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Arguing for Creationism and Jesus is easy. All you have to do is say that GOD DID IT!

Similar Threads

  1. Why did Jesus have to die?
    By antireconciler in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
  2. Who Was Jesus?
    By Mycroft in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. The jesus general babbling thread
    By Valiant in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
  4. Our Local Jesus
    By Valiant in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
  5. Jesus Loves Me!
    By cosmicdancer in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO