User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Jesus

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Look, it is something about your culture.

You, Nico, well, you've figured out how to still be funny.

But yours is a high-brow humor that the common man wouldn't really appreciate.

As such, I think you've probably worked within your cultural milieu, and found a way to still be funny.

The particular cultural milieu that is Germany is one of being too serious, too rational, and very "boring/dull/grey".

The culture seems to be all about efficiency and effective engineering, and not so much about relaxing and kicking back.

I mean, it's clear from her two responses that Red Herring did not even understand the intended humor of the video.

As in, it's not that she simply didn't appreciate it, she didn't even get it.

As such, sometimes y'all feel like a bunch of robots.

It's like, "Does not compute."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I protest! Of you reread my post you'll see the first thing I said that hopefully it was a parody. The last time I said that about a religious Video I was informed that it was no Satire, so this Forum has tought me to be careful.Also, the poster is a devout Cristian IIRC.

Either way, parody is one of my least favorite forms of humor. And while there are very funny Americans both in the arts and among normal people, I personally prefer British or traditional Jewish Humor (which of course had an influence on modern American comedy)

So...of I want to continue a sociological and historical debate about humor traditions, does that make me a humorless German or a boring INTP?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I protest! Of you reread my post you'll see the first thing I said that hopefully it was a parody. The last time I said that about a religious Video I was informed that it was no Satire, so this Forum has tought me to be careful.Also, the poster is a devout Cristian IIRC.
    No, that is exactly why I said you clearly did not get it.

Either way, parody is one of my least favorite forms of humor. And while there are very funny Americans both in the arts and among normal people, I personally prefer British or traditional Jewish Humor (which of course had an influence on modern American comedy)

So...of I want to continue a sociological and historical debate about humor traditions, does that make me a humorless German or a boring INTP?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think the problem is that He didn't see these things as moral problems. We can infer this because he did not speak against them.

So I am infering that He was morally blind just like all those around Him.
    I understood what you were saying. Think of it this way, if you believe earthly things have no value then you will not start a social movement for economic justice. You could say similar things about buddhist monks because their goal is to give up all bodily and material desire. In that mindset a person could be a slave and still serve God. This is why I disagree with much of religion. It accepts the "natural order" of things (aka institutionalized abuse). With that said, I'm not going to fault someone who spent their life trying to bring about positive change in the world. I think such people show us what humanity is capable of.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I understood what you were saying. Think of it this way, if you believe earthly things have no value then you will not start a social movement for economic justice. You could say similar things about buddhist monks because their goal is to give up all bodily and material desire. In that mindset a person could be a slave and still serve God. This is why I disagree with much of religion. It accepts the "natural order" of things (aka institutionalized abuse). With that said, I'm not going to fault someone who spent their life trying to bring about positive change in the world. I think such people show us what humanity is capable of.
    Lots of inferences being made by Victor.

Inferences = Assumptions
    (... and everyone knows what is said about assumptions)

Good point about the monks. One could infer that they do not care about rape, poverty, and a host of other ills if they spend their lives in private meditation rather than directly challenging such social injustice. But I think that would be an incorrect assumption.

Anyone with ANY amount of Christian training will be aware of discussions about what Jesus' priority seemed to be on this earth (if one believes in the faith), what he focused on, and why he might or might not have challenged particular institutions. It would not take much effort to imagine such possibilities or uncover such discussions on the 'net, but it seems like getting such a basic comprehensive picture is not one of Victor's concerns here.

... then again, maybe I shouldn't assume such.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Jennifer he is trying to justify his moral superiority to jesus because of course HE would have done differently. HE is not insane and claiming to be God incarnate. Therefore HE is emotionally (and thus intellectually) superior to one of history's "great men" pfff
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    he is trying to justify his moral superiority to jesus because of course HE would have done differently. HE is not insane and claiming to be God incarnate. Therefore HE is emotionally (and thus intellectually) superior to one of history's "great men" pfff
    And two hundred years from now, someone on a forum somewhere will post an OP decrying Victor for his moral failings compared to the then-current day and age?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think it is time to create another Jesus.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think it is time to create another Jesus.
    Youuuuuu raaaaang?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Arguing for Creationism and Jesus is easy. All you have to do is say that GOD DID IT!