First 678910 Last

Thread: Jesus

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

Oh, I do hope this is a parody, I really do,....

... because if not, it is the most insulting, arrogant, misinformed and offensive video I have seen in a very, very long time.

Most believers I know IRL (and here on the forum) are much better educated, less judgemental and prejudiced, more embracing and less hateful towards others than this guy, so I can console myself with the thought that he is not at all representative of believers as a whole. *phew*

I do respect believers and show more respect when entering a church (or temple, etc) than many believers, but this guy gives them a bad name!
    And this is why Germany was ranked the world's least funny country...

Oh, I do hope this is a parody, I really do,....

... because if not, it is the most insulting, arrogant, misinformed and offensive video I have seen in a very, very long time.

Most believers I know IRL (and here on the forum) are much better educated, less judgemental and prejudiced, more embracing and less hateful towards others than this guy, so I can console myself with the thought that he is not at all representative of believers as a whole. *phew*

I do respect believers and show more respect when entering a church (or temple, etc) than many believers, but this guy gives them a bad name!
    It is meant to be humor, yes. Exaggeration for effect. Klavan is a long-time Hollywood insider and works in entertainment, and his videos are meant to make a splash.

He’s also an NTJ and his Te is on steroids (which has high potential to rub Fe the wrong way…. please forgive the NTJs, they know not what they do….. okay that’s not true) He’s staunchly libertarian, which also makes him particularly vocal.

He and I disagree on a number of things, but I do think he has valid insights about the role of faith in civilization and it’s teleology, even if his delivery provokes a facepalm reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Hehe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Since I had no Intention of bring funny I assume this is your comedic way of saying you think (or know) it is a parody. Thanks. I think it fails as satire though, because, sadly, it is too close to real life to actually be enough over the top to be recognizable as such. I foubd it to be borderline, this the question.

Since I have your attention for a moment now and you seem to be an expert on humor, please enlighten me: why do you think that your folks are so supreme at it and mine apparently suck at it? What makes you born comedians and clowns and us people everybody associates with seriousness?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    He and I disagree on a number of things, but I do think he has valid insights about the role of faith in civilization and it’s teleology, even if his delivery provokes a facepalm reaction.
    See, I have a different read.

My relationship with faith is a complicated one, and while I don't share his views in certain ways, I do agree with some of the things he says.

His delivery, on the other hand, provokes nothing but glee.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Since I had no Intention of bring funny I assume this is your comedic way of saying you think (or know) it is a parody. Thanks. I think it fails as satire though, because, sadly, it is too close to real life to actually be enough over the top to be recognizable as such. I foubd it to be borderline, this the question.

Since I have your attention for a moment now and you seem to be an expert on humor, please enlighten me: why do you think that your folks are so supreme at it and mine apparently suck at it? What makes you born comedians and clowns and us people everybody associates with seriousness?
    For the same reason you responded the way you did above.

You people can't help yourselves.

It's your culture.

See, I have a different read.

My relationship with faith is a complicated one, and while I don't share his views in certain ways, I do agree with some of the things he says.

His delivery, on the other hand, provokes nothing but glee.
    I find him hilarious, as I do nearly all NTJ style humor. So to have that NTJ humor wielded concerning something I happen to agree on...

I get it, but not everyone appreciates it or takes it as it is meant to be. So I feel I have to buffer/mitigate fall out after the NTJ drops the Te bomb. FPs frequently are the ambassadors to those with Fe for TJs.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    I get it, but not everyone appreciates it or takes it as it is meant to be. So I feel I have to buffer/mitigate fall out after the NTJ drops the Te bomb. FPs frequently are the ambassadors to those with Fe for TJs.
    Yes, you understand the Fi/Te.
    They, on the other hand, are a bunch of lil s

For the same reason you responded the way you did above.

You people can't help yourselves.

It's your culture.
    Can you elaborate a bit, Mr. Expert?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit, Mr. Expert?

I was gunna make an exception for you, Nicodemus.

Don't deflect now. We need to know.