Thread: Jesus

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No, no, Jennifer, because we are limited, we can only express one facet at a time, so I rely upon you to express the facets I am too limited to produce. And like the facets of a diamond, we sparkle together.
    Since i don't want my facet to outshine yours, i'll invest as little as you have.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    He reads scripture in a few places; and to be a rabbi, you had to memorize the torah, i believe.
    Spoken cultures memorise sacred books by hearing them read aloud.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Spoken cultures memorise sacred books by hearing them read aloud.
    I'm not sure how this supports the idea that Jesus was stupid and illiterate.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

We worship because we've been genetically programmed to do so. For millions of years, humans existed in small groups, each having a leader. Gene frequencies were adjusted over eons so that most people - very much like today - want or even need to follow. It had to be that way, because groups with people who didn't have a strong need to belong, and to follow....didn't work together. Those groups failed.

The leader of a group ( or tribe or whatever ) makes the important decisions for the group. He watches out for the group...and all he wants is your loyalty. So you trust in him, you look to him to provide food, shelter....sound familiar....?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    We worship because we've been genetically programmed to do so. For millions of years, humans existed in small groups, each having a leader. Gene frequencies were adjusted over eons so that most people - very much like today - want or even need to follow. It had to be that way, because groups with people who didn't have a strong need to belong, and to follow....didn't work together. Those groups failed.

The leader of a group ( or tribe or whatever ) makes the important decisions for the group. He watches out for the group...and all he wants is your loyalty. So you trust in him, you look to him to provide food, shelter....sound familiar....?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post

Oh, I do hope this is a parody, I really do,....

... because if not, it is the most insulting, arrogant, misinformed and offensive video I have seen in a very, very long time.

Most believers I know IRL (and here on the forum) are much better educated, less judgemental and prejudiced, more embracing and less hateful towards others than this guy, so I can console myself with the thought that he is not at all representative of believers as a whole. *phew*

I do respect believers and show more respect when entering a church (or temple, etc) than many believers, but this guy gives them a bad name!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

If Jesus had ever read Job I doubt he believed the earth was flat, or the sun went round the earth. He also lived in an age that had the knowledge of the Greeks and Egyptians (they were not idiots). He was also reading scrolls in the temple as a child.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think if Jesus were alive today, he'd be much more loving and accepting than many of his followers.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned

Ghandi says hi.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

'If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." (Albert Einstein)

Einstein talks in this quote about the abstract God, who in human assumptions created the Universe and all the existence... that's so, so wrong..... Einstein was a religeous non-believer, an atheist if you like in terms of religions. More knowledge they have, the people began to leave behind the God from the Old Testament, creating their own view about God. Humans distorted completely the image of Yahweh. Obviously Einstein didn't read the document called "Decoding the ancient manuscripts". If he did he would change a little bit the perceptions about God... and yes we must have fear in the face of God the Father, and, if we deserve, to hope for a reward through Christ: the immortality.

Remember my quote:
    "Through science and knowledge you will never get to know better our God, but you will become like God"

That's a difference... and this difference will shatter our civilization for good.