User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    1. It says right in the gospels that he did and said many things not recorded in the gospels.

“Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.” John 21:25

2. Yes he did.

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” 32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.” Mark 12:30-34

All discernment on how to treat another human being can be distilled from getting those two commandments right and down deep in one’s spirit. Jesus said the law, prophets, and all the commandments rest and hang on these two principles. They encompass everything - every issue, every situation. They are the governing dynamics.

3. I would encourage you to study your Bible. Ramifications of all of these scientific things are mentioned in the Bible if you study the original languages and make the connections, it’s just most people aren’t looking for them, even the vast majority of Christians. And Jesus studied (translation: read) and understood the scriptures like no other. Our minds would explode if we knew all he knew. A variety of things have led to obscuring these: man’s perversion called religion has outright opposed true understanding of the Bible’s contribution and relationship to science, lack of study and motivation on peoples’ part, as well as pretension, hostility, and bias among “intellectuals.”

4. I dig you Victor.
    It's true Western Civilization is based on four pillars - Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment. And so Western Civilization is a conversation between these four founders. And so our conversation here on Central can be seen as a continuation of this very conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Did Jesus create these things? To me he was a tragic figure doing the best he could with the hand he was dealt.

Edit: reread op
    I think the problem is that He didn't see these things as moral problems. We can infer this because he did not speak against them.

So I am infering that He was morally blind just like all those around Him.

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

I think it's interesting that 2,000 years after coming to earth, Jesus' mission (the will of God) is still vastly underestimated. in His time, everyone thought the messiah was coming to end the oppression of the Roman occupation of Jerusalem, but His goal was much greater, it is to save humanity.

This is merely your modern day Roman occupation complaint... and exactly like 2,000 years ago, it stems from misunderstanding about who Jesus is, where He's from, and the fact that He is the one and only way of eternal salvation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And like the facets of a diamond, we sparkle together.
    Indra's Net, Victor! Indra's Net!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The same thing he tries to accomplish with any thread. Becoming the forum's Henry Higgins.
    Can't say I know who Henry Higgins is.
    But if that equates to being arrogant then I am in agreeance.

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    as for jesus not being able to read well that is not what scripture tells us
    Jesus wrote nothing. So I infer He was illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Pssst, he doesn't like us to ask for sources.
    This is true, for each of us has google at our fingertips to look up the sources ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Wait is this the same Jesus who was such a fan of Love Others as Thyself?

How do you know any of this? Where's your proof?
    You will find some of the proof in, "The History of Childhood", by Lloyd deMause.

Child sacrifice is the template for the christian doctrine of original sin, redemned by the blood sacrifice of the son of god.

you're a trip victor. God bless you. *shakes the dust off her feet*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jesus wrote nothing. So I infer He was illiterate.
    He reads scripture in a few places; and to be a rabbi, you had to memorize the torah, i believe.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft