User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Jesus

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Although Jesus was surrounded by institutional slavery He said not one word against it.

And although Jesus was surrounded by child, sexual abuse, he said not one word against it.

And although Jesus was surrounded by non-emancipated women, he said not one word against it.

And Jesus could not read and write. He believed the Earth was flat and the Sun went round the Earth. He had no idea the Earth was four and a half thousand million years old. He had no idea of natural selection acting for thousands of millions of years. And absolutely no idea that all life on Earth is part of the same DNA. He had no idea we are part of our galaxy, the Milky Way, consisting of as many as four hundred billion stars. And he had no idea there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in every direction we look, accelerating away from us. He had absolutely no idea of quantum mechanics or general relativity.

Jesus believed demons caused mental and physical illness. And he believed magic could cure illness.
    Where is the source for this info?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Where is the source for this info?
    Uh oh.

Pssst, he doesn't like us to ask for sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    What are you trying to achieve with this thread?
    The same thing he tries to accomplish with any thread. Becoming the forum's Henry Higgins.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Sometimes a Hitler comparison is really just the best answer one can give.
    I'm glad you caught that, it doesn't negate my point though.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    I'm glad you caught that, it doesn't negate my point though.
    It does reduce greatness to historical importance. No one doubts Jesus' historical importance. It remains intact even if he has never lived.

victor, i'm curious, what sort of christian background did you grow up in?

as for jesus not being able to read well that is not what scripture tells us:

He [Jesus] went to nazareth where he had been brought up, and on the sabbath day he went into the synoagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to preach good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
    to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.
    luke 4: 16-19

as for your other objections, because jesus was preaching primarily to a jewish crowd he didn't need to reiterate every last word of the Law with which they were already quite familiar. we have to consider context when interpreting the bible. you might want to try reading old testament passages, specifically about the exodus where God led the israelites out of slavery in egypt. and the levitical laws where all sorts of sexual sins including child sexual abuse is strictly prohibited. eta: of course there were also the 10 commandments which made it quite clear that sexual activity was only allowed in marriage.

seriously dude, learn how to interpret the bible. not all interpretations are equally valid.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Although Jesus was surrounded by institutional slavery He said not one word against it.

And although Jesus was surrounded by child, sexual abuse, he said not one word against it.

And although Jesus was surrounded by non-emancipated women, he said not one word against it.

And Jesus could not read and write. He believed the Earth was flat and the Sun went round the Earth. He had no idea the Earth was four and a half thousand million years old. He had no idea of natural selection acting for thousands of millions of years. And absolutely no idea that all life on Earth is part of the same DNA. He had no idea we are part of our galaxy, the Milky Way, consisting of as many as four hundred billion stars. And he had no idea there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in every direction we look, accelerating away from us. He had absolutely no idea of quantum mechanics or general relativity.

Jesus believed demons caused mental and physical illness. And he believed magic could cure illness.
    . .. . . .. . . ... . . ... . . .. .. .. . . .

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Rasofy says Jesus is an INFJ 2w3.... in the Bible God the Father seems a lot more like an ENTJ 8w7.... for 2 people who are one and the same in purpose, their personalities are pretty different... Lucifer must be INTJ 5w4... perhaps Master Melchizedek is INTP 5w6, and he is far more powerful than Jesus, and is in fact the current universal logos... Tesla was possibly his earthly incarnation but it's not a fact.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

@Rasofy says Jesus is an INFJ 2w3.... in the Bible God the Father seems a lot more like an ENTJ 8w7.... for 2 people who are one and the same in purpose, their personalities are pretty different... Lucifer must be INTJ 5w4... perhaps Master Melchizedek is INTP 5w6, and he is far more powerful than Jesus, and is in fact the current universal logos... Tesla was possibly his earthly incarnation but it's not a fact.
    I agree with every one of these typings

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Rasofy says Jesus is an INFJ 2w3.... in the Bible God the Father seems a lot more like an ENTJ 8w7.... for 2 people who are one and the same in purpose, their personalities are pretty different... Lucifer must be INTJ 5w4... perhaps Master Melchizedek is INTP 5w6, and he is far more powerful than Jesus, and is in fact the current universal logos... Tesla was possibly his earthly incarnation but it's not a fact.
    I was just talking bs. So are you.
    Deliberately, I hope.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------