User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt.Is.God View Post
    I say it's nonexistent, and so do you. Christians don't. Try to see it from their perspective.
    Please! I understand the christian perspective down to the last iota. Here I am offering a different perspective.

And the advantage of different perspectives is that it wakes us from the trance of one perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You're viewing this too literally victor. Was it a moral improvement AT THE TIME? It's like how eye for an eye > genocide.
    Well, institutional slavey and child rape and enchattelment were not a moral improvement on anything. They were simply the status quo.

Anyway, how could anyone improve on child rape except by abolishing it? And how could anyone improve on slavery except by abolishing it?

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Clearly, Encyclopedia Brown was a better person. I learned more about treating people respectfully and without discrimination from those books than I ever did from the Bible.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Permabanned

2000 years from now people will be laughing at the ignorance of whoever turns out to be our generations equivalent to Jesus.

Flawed as he may be, Jesus achieved things that almost all of us never have or will.

His divinity may be questionable, his greatness is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    2000 years from now people will be laughing at the ignorance of whoever turns out to be our generations equivalent to Jesus.

Flawed as he may be, Jesus achieved things that almost all of us never have or will.

His divinity may be questionable, his greatness is certain.
    C'mon, He couldn't even read and write. He was illiterate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    What are you trying to achieve with this thread?
    Victor's pointing out something along the lines of "from an atheist's perspective, Jesus isn't actually that great of a guy. But they actually worship him!" I'm trying to say "their values are different." And he's saying "well, they should try to see it from this perspective!"

(I think.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt.Is.God View Post
    Victor's pointing out something along the lines of "from an atheist's perspective, Jesus isn't actually that great of a guy. But they actually worship him!" I'm trying to say "their values are different." And he's saying "well, they should try to see it from this perspective!"

(I think.)
    I see what your pointing out, I appreciate your mediating.
    However the OP seems to just come across more as insulting than anything, not because of the contrast between perspective but because of the presumptions which are being made and claims to "understanding the christian perspective" just makes the message being sent here appear flawed.

I wouldn't call myself a christian however I find these atheist rantings distasteful and ignorant as much as a religious nut job expressing the same level of narrow mindedness. Opposite perspectives, but equally as ignorant as each other.
    Topics such as religion should be brought up in a more delicate manner if you wish to convey a fresh perspective. This just seems like the OP has other self serving motives.

figsfiggyfigs

Where is @Valiant? Come protect thy Lord!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is true dear Jennifer. But it is unlikely either of us would become the Son or Daughter of God, and a God in our own right, worshipped by 32% of those presently alive. So no one would worship us today.

So why do we worship someone who is morally and intellectually inferior?
    You're a smart guy. I think you're capable of examining both sides rather than consistently just picking the most convenient. What case(s) have you run into in your examination of Christianity that would counter such an argument that you've made? What are your perceived flaws of its position? I find it boring to rehash the most basic arguments with an Ne secondary who won't even properly canvass and critique level 1 arguments regarding the faith, as it indicates any energy invested in such a discussion on my part will be wasted.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft