User Tag List

Default Splendid isolation

Would you live a life like the guy in Lost who was isolated in the underground chamber which emulated night and day, had an means of exercise, supply of food, books, music and that was it? What do you think you would find difficult? What would be great about it? What would you want to change about it?

I'm also thinking about the millenium project which had a group of scientists living inside a totally contained self-enclosed eco pod settlement, they apparently were prepared to kill one another with boredom at the finish and said it was impossible.

I think I'd be fine if I had enough books, either an internet connection or a programme which could emulate a forum, and I believe that wouldnt be too difficult, I've seen forums with highly sophisticated bots on them and a lot of trolls or posters sometimes arent that sophisticated even, also I'd like exercise equipment but that's a recent thing. Oh and a journal or writing materials. Then I think I could hack it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Go ahead.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Would you live a life like the guy in Lost who was isolated in the underground chamber which emulated night and day, had an means of exercise, supply of food, books, music and that was it? What do you think you would find difficult? What would be great about it? What would you want to change about it?

I'm also thinking about the millenium project which had a group of scientists living inside a totally contained self-enclosed eco pod settlement, they apparently were prepared to kill one another with boredom at the finish and said it was impossible.

I think I'd be fine if I had enough books, either an internet connection or a programme which could emulate a forum, and I believe that wouldnt be too difficult, I've seen forums with highly sophisticated bots on them and a lot of trolls or posters sometimes arent that sophisticated even, also I'd like exercise equipment but that's a recent thing. Oh and a journal or writing materials. Then I think I could hack it.
    In a heartbeat.

This is sort of my dream if I ever make millions of dollars.

Just need to skip the part where my sleep is interrupted every 108 minutes.

What I would find difficult is this annoying part of me that I cannot kill that desires some sort of human companionship. I would probably solve it by becoming emo and writing amazing poetry on cave walls, and the sand of the beaches, and etch it into the flesh of trees.

P.S. @ bold: I can't find it but apparently there is/was a forum dedicated to Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer with thousands of threads and posts.... all made by one person. That's crazy. Don't do that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That's pretty much how I do live. I like it.

Completely isolated from other humans? I don't think I can do that.