• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inner Peace

Lark

How do you get yours and how do you keep it, how does it benefit you?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mantra meditation, time spent alone in quiet ...well, with music, so not complete quiet, walking outdoors, spending time with animals, Taoism, doing some yoga stretches...also getting enough sleep and remembering to listen to my inner nature (this is Taoism) instead of being too led by externals ---- but also not being too self-absorbed, and living in the world.

The ocean also makes me feel this way, just visiting there, or riding a bike on the beach, or having new positive experiences.

It's about having inner alignment, being in tune with nature, mind-body balance, but being external enough to not be totally self-absorbed and to have new experiences and live life. Putting things in perspective away from ego is also important, but easier said than done.

I'd love to be a higher level 6, integrating more in positive traits of 9. I very much feel like it's something where I get dragged down into my ego/emotions too much...but on the other hand, I like experiencing my emotions, it's a big part of who I am. I have to trust my inner self. That's what ultimately 6s have to do - trust themselves.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't believe in peace and harmony with nature, but rather ultimate control over the chaos of natural forces, the mastery of mind over the material world.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Try to keep things in perspective. Learn to accept the things I can't control. Schedule enough "I time."

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try to keep things in perspective. Learn to accept the things I can't control. Schedule enough "I time."

This basically.
Aswell as God, believing in something greater than myself gives me piece of mind.

Lark

Letting go to Him.

Looking to Him.

Trusting in Him.

Praying to Him.

I read and theorise about him, although I have a book on meditation which once I find it again I really want to practice, on the day that I bought it I went and read it in the wooded grove of a monestry and it was pretty uplifting but I was thinking it not experiencing it, if you know what I mean, not sure that its possible to think your way there to transcendence.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCyv05SG1g"]mmhmm -flying lotus[/YOUTUBE]

Music like this. Meditation. Appreciating the moment and what it has brought me. Opening up and letting go of pain. Connecting. Being there for others and letting them be there for me. Taking action on the things I have the power to influence. Not creating conflict, but rather spurring growth. Focusing on the positive. Reflecting to others the love I am blessed to have.

I don't believe in peace and harmony with nature, but rather ultimate control over the chaos of natural forces, the mastery of mind over the material world.

How does this make you feel?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Oh yeah, and also listen to my conscience, do my best and do the right thing.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sleep. I advocate sleep therapy.

V

violaine

A lot of things help me to feel peace. Traveling, listening to music, being out in the world doing things instead of endlessly thinking. Being with people I really connect with. I know I feel best when I'm engaged in things that have a healthy pay-off and advance me in some way. I don't like feeling life is passing me by because of something I didn't do. I like to feel productive every day. Not in a burdensome way though - I try to mostly be involved in things I love doing rather than things I am required to do.

Another little thing that works for me is that I don't let myself be bombarded with noise and information. e.g. I don't turn the teev on unless there is something I specifically want to watch. And I try to be offline more than I used to be. I love online life but it's a massive time sink. I feel palpable regret for how much time I used to spend here, for instance. (But it's one of those useful regrets as it pushed me to be more balanced).

I also think it's important to develop good foundational habits - regular exercise, restful, regular sleep, healthy eating patterns.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Freud said in the 1930's along the lines of people not caring about psychology anymore (I think it was Freud, forgot who said it.) During that time, people were more worried about the Great Depression, World War II, external factors, and etc, instead of internal factors like what is the meaning of life, where is god, and etc.

What does that have to do with internal peace? We are only allowed to truly think internally as long as we are externally "at peace." When problems in the external world gets bigger, the less we think about these internal factors until better times.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Freedom actually exists in balance with groundedness. Freedom is our spirit wanting to sour, and being grounded is our soul wanting connection.

For most people, one without the other ends up feeling empty.

Don't you agree?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finding peace within myself and between myself and the outside world is fundamentally important to me. I don't always feel it because anxiety is often present in my experience. From those closest to me, to more distant people, there is always suffering and so that is difficult to forget.

For my entire life I have always needed a little place in nature that I felt was my own to find a sense of peace. I go that that place, sit silently, and let myself feel a connection to everything around me. When I feel immersed and like there is no distinction between me and what surrounds me, I get a sense of glimpsing eternity.