First 12

Thread: Inner Peace

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCyv05SG1g"]mmhmm -flying lotus[/YOUTUBE]

Music like this. Meditation. Appreciating the moment and what it has brought me. Opening up and letting go of pain. Connecting. Being there for others and letting them be there for me. Taking action on the things I have the power to influence. Not creating conflict, but rather spurring growth. Focusing on the positive. Reflecting to others the love I am blessed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't believe in peace and harmony with nature, but rather ultimate control over the chaos of natural forces, the mastery of mind over the material world.
    How does this make you feel?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Try to keep things in perspective. Learn to accept the things I can't control. Schedule enough "I time."
    Oh yeah, and also listen to my conscience, do my best and do the right thing.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I've never achieved inner peace. Seems unlikely at this point...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Sleep. I advocate sleep therapy.

violaine

A lot of things help me to feel peace. Traveling, listening to music, being out in the world doing things instead of endlessly thinking. Being with people I really connect with. I know I feel best when I'm engaged in things that have a healthy pay-off and advance me in some way. I don't like feeling life is passing me by because of something I didn't do. I like to feel productive every day. Not in a burdensome way though - I try to mostly be involved in things I love doing rather than things I am required to do.

Another little thing that works for me is that I don't let myself be bombarded with noise and information. e.g. I don't turn the teev on unless there is something I specifically want to watch. And I try to be offline more than I used to be. I love online life but it's a massive time sink. I feel palpable regret for how much time I used to spend here, for instance. (But it's one of those useful regrets as it pushed me to be more balanced).

I also think it's important to develop good foundational habits - regular exercise, restful, regular sleep, healthy eating patterns.

I think Freud said in the 1930's along the lines of people not caring about psychology anymore (I think it was Freud, forgot who said it.) During that time, people were more worried about the Great Depression, World War II, external factors, and etc, instead of internal factors like what is the meaning of life, where is god, and etc.

What does that have to do with internal peace? We are only allowed to truly think internally as long as we are externally "at peace." When problems in the external world gets bigger, the less we think about these internal factors until better times.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post

How does this make you feel?
    It makes me feel like God and that means breaking the laws of existence and bending it all to your will making you completely free and freedom is happiness.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Freedom actually exists in balance with groundedness. Freedom is our spirit wanting to sour, and being grounded is our soul wanting connection.

For most people, one without the other ends up feeling empty.

Don't you agree?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Finding peace within myself and between myself and the outside world is fundamentally important to me. I don't always feel it because anxiety is often present in my experience. From those closest to me, to more distant people, there is always suffering and so that is difficult to forget.

For my entire life I have always needed a little place in nature that I felt was my own to find a sense of peace. I go that that place, sit silently, and let myself feel a connection to everything around me. When I feel immersed and like there is no distinction between me and what surrounds me, I get a sense of glimpsing eternity.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)