User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Have you ever said I love you and not meant it?

Does the "premature I love you" spell the end of a relationship?

To my mother only.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Unfortunately, I used to throw the word around way too soon when I was younger. I did mean it with my first two boyfriends--I was very in love with them at the times, and don't regret using it. However, the two after that that I used it with I did not mean it--I knew I didn't, but I said it anyways because it was expected of me. I regret doing that, the word is a powerful one. Learning my lesson, I haven't said it to a man since.

The last date I had (I don't know if I consider something that lasted a month a boyfriend.. A date seems more accurate reflecting back..) used it way too fast, and it annoyed the shit out of me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think I've used it to mean "I really love being loving with you"

I had someone tell me they didn't understand why I didn't stay with them if I had told them I loved them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, I never have. I don't think. I remember one relationship I was in, the guy told me he loved me and I refused to say it back because I "wasn't ready yet." Actually I knew quite well that I'd never be ready with him. :P. I don't remember if I ever gave in and said it anyway... it's such an awkward position to be in. Since then I've been on the other end of it and it sucked, but I'd still rather that than be lied to, I think. Or tell someone I love them when I don't.

I don't think necessarily the premature "I love you" ends a relationship, but if one person is ready to say it a long time before the other, at least in my experience, it might be a case of "(S)He's just not that into you" and maybe the love is just always going to be unrequited, which usually spells the end of the relationship, eventually.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think I've used it to mean "I really love being loving with you"

I had someone tell me they didn't understand why I didn't stay with them if I had told them I loved them.
    Always a harsh thing. People assume love is the bricks in the house--but it's only the mortar. You need bricks to build a house, and work and many other things.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

No i don't think i have. That being said, i do seem to have a lot of love.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Never, that i can recall.

It was always very important to me to be honest about such things of deep importance, that someone else was relying on, and that would also commit me to a particular course of action.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Hate

I have a hard enough time saying that even when I do mean it. So my answer is no.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yes I have. It's best to say it when you know the other person is feeling it too but is too afraid to say it . (Lol @ me being the only one to have said it and meant it thus far)

Edit: woops didn't see the not haha. Ty @Aquarelle
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.