• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever said I love you and not meant it?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I made a comment similar to the OP's on Facebook about 3 months ago and said I prefer acts of love instead of your words because actions speak louder than words. Not the exact words, but something along that line.

no... though I've not said it when I meant it :)

I really don't see why I should have to tell someone... they should know... I almost never tell anyone that I love them, the phrase just feels awkward :thumbdown:

You have to say it. Have To. All the actions to show love are fantastic, don't get me wrong, but it cannot replace saying I love you when you mean it. I get that it's awkward, I never felt comfortable saying it either. When I met my husband and felt love for him, I told him. The strange thing was it didn't feel uncomfortable like it had in the past. I tell him every day, more than once and he does the same thing. It is so important.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
No. If I say it. I mean it. And I won't cheapen the meaning of those three words by casually throwing it out to whomever.