User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I used to often hear the spontaneous "I love you guys" among friends in the past.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I guess it happened with my second boyfriend. At the time, though, I thought I meant it; however upon reflection, I think I was trying to rationalize the feeling the entire time, and think I knew on some level that I was trying to will myself to love him, and it wasn't something I truly felt. It became apparent in the dynamic between us that I didn't really love him, and it ended within 6 months. So I've been very careful ever since not to get into the rationalizing-my-feelings thing, as I'm susceptible to that.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have a problem with people at my church throwing it around to others. In my mind I am always like "What purpose do you love me?" I know one guy who is very emotional (more than likely ESFP), effeminate-like, who throws around "I love you" to everyone. I don't like it at all. Perhaps it is more to be a religious service to be Christ-like. You can love everybody, but you don't have to like everybody is my guess, and the concept is when you say "I love you," you will eventually mean I guess what others think.

I made a comment similar to the OP's on Facebook about 3 months ago and said I prefer acts of love instead of your words because actions speak louder than words. Not the exact words, but something along that line.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Only in my teens throwing it around at friends and acquaintances, I probably said it too lightly or overmuch.

But I've never told a man I loved him and didn't mean it, and as an adult if I say I love you as a friend or a person I mean it.

No.

Nope.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    To my mother only.
    This. Except with my dad.

Sometimes it's just easier that way.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... though I've not said it when I meant it

I really don't see why I should have to tell someone... they should know... I almost never tell anyone that I love them, the phrase just feels awkward
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

No, never. I take that very seriously, it's nothing to just throw out there.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Banned

I said it when I was handling a fuckbuddie who kept insisting on more, it was like flying a kite.