User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro-life/reverence for life

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

Pro-life is a misleading term because there are supposed "pro-lifers" who support the death penalty. It also intrigues me that in my country the very people who are most loudly pro-life have no issue starving the child once it gets through breast feeding, or denying the child or his/her mother basic healthcare.

Furthermore, being pro-choice doesn't even mean that you're "pro-abortion"'s not like people who are pro-choice think abortions are some wonderful, fabulous, easy thing. Most people who are pro-choice don't think abortion is something that should be taken lightly or used a form of birth control.

You can even be pro-choice (for other people) but be firmly opposed to having an abortion for yourself.

Another problem is that some people don't believe life begins at conception, so the way they are looking at it, they aren't even "killing" anything that is independently alive.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

This is not about abortion marms. More about the oversoul
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

6w5 sx/sp
    ISTp None

We are subjective. This is such a broad approach. Yeah. Generally, we universally value life in a Hallmark sort of way.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Junior Member Array Klondike Pete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There are entire philosophies and some psychological schools of thought created around the idea of being life affirming or life affirmative and revering life, do you think that these are useful and a valuable contribution culturally or are these mistaken, creating a false dichotomy of life affirmative vs. life negating and placing those who do not conform to their ideas in the later category?
    Loving me isn't the right thing to do. How can you ever change things that you feel?