• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation

Do you meditate clothed or naked?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Seek your higher balance. Unlock the powers of your mind.

Does anybody else know of any good meditations?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Its a large part of how I practice religion. I do it both ways--with and without clothing--and it can be as simple as daydreaming about an issue, to completely clearing my mind and/or focusing on a single thing.. It all depends on what I am trying to accomplish. Do I need some silence? Do I need an escape? do I need to focus and remember details? All of these things contribute to it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its a large part of how I practice religion. I do it both ways--with and without clothingQUOTE]

The with and without clothing part was suppost to be funny rather than serious...

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Go somewhere far, and if you can, hike to some remote area. Take water and something healthy. Where you meditate is important. Use whatever meditation technique that works for you, the simplest has just always been observing your breathing and taking pauses in between. You want to slow down your heart rate, until your body becomes comfortably numb.

Going into meditation as a means to solve something is good, but it's better to do it with the intention of just seeing what is going on in your mind.
Either way, you're likely to find some kind of answer.

Simply listen to yourself without judgement or anything.
If you get an itch, try to resist and observe it.
Don't get frustrated, and if you do, observe that too.

If you become too distracted or you begin to just daydream, start over.

Just a few of my own reminders.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are some great meditation apps for iphone/android now too

roman67

We should do meditation daily. Meditation helps us to reduce the stress. It is very necessary to develop your energy. I used to meditation with clothes.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Meditation is also said to increase your tendency to rationalize because you can more easily adopt a detached frame of mind.

So perhaps naked meditation is really the purest form of detachment: mind and body both unfixed of the confines of their respective earthly shackles.

R

Riva

Meditation is also said to increase your tendency to rationalize because you can more easily adopt a detached frame of mind.

So perhaps naked meditation is really the purest form of detachment: mind and body both unfixed of the confines of their respective earthly shackles.

Mahavira is that you?

He is the founder of Jainism which speaks in line of the quoted post.