User Tag List

12 Last

The Morally Normal

With a high IQ comes a high moral IQ.

The corrollary is that those with a normal IQ have a normal moral IQ.

This is quite maddening as we all depend on a moral framework to relate to one another.

So often it is not that someone is bad or that they have a different moral framework, no, rather it is that they are morally normal.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Those are just tendencies victor not hard and fast rules.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Out of interest, what makes you think morality and IQ are linked? Is this based on empirical study or your own theorising?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Impulse control, correlating crime with punishment, and recognizing that one's actions can harm another are correlate to development in the medial, dorsolateral, and one other portion of the prefrontal cotex that I forget. Although, I do believe exposure to stress and the corresponding cortisol dumps has an effect on development of those regions as well

Edit: the one I forgot was the frontal portion of the orbital pfc
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

My IQ is considered above average, and yet my morals leave something to be desired. And I highly doubt I'm the only person like that, so I will have to agree with UniqueMixture. It may be true much of the time, but it's not a law or rule. (Not to mention that I don't think IQ is an exceptional way of measuring intelligence in the first place.)

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

The only thing I know to be correlate with iq is efficiency of synaptic response, but that can be mitigated by lack of development in a particular brain region. Conversely lower efficiency can be mitigated by high development within particular regions

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Out of interest, what makes you think morality and IQ are linked? Is this based on empirical study or your own theorising?
    The gifted are very small in number and are abnormal. They are abnormal intellectually. They are abnormal emotionally. And they are abnormal morally.

The gifted have an IQ higher than 140, and have one thing in common with those who have an IQ below 60 - both are socially excluded.

If you click on - http://www.sengifted.org/archives/ar...ion-of-society, you may see why I think morality and IQ are linked.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have read something similar, but this doesn't mean morality that society agrees upon. I had a friend who had a fairly stringent moral code, also he was extremely intelligent....but he wasn't exactly a law abiding citizen. I understood the moral basis for most of his actions, but yeah, none that stands up in court.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Josef Mengele had a high IQ.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Society doesn't appreciate high integrity. At all.
    I know this on personal level. Good luck to those children. They need every ounce of it.
    It would have been better for me if I had no conscience of my own.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]