• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did you fear witches growing up?

Rosabel

I have never been afraid of witches, but I was (and I am) kind of afraid of ghosts and sleep paralysis.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No only ghosts and demon possession and animated dolls.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my nanny used to tell me stories of witches and wolves waiting by my windowsill, ready to seize me were i to sneak out of bed for any reason.

she was a poor psychologist, as the stories only served to intrigue me into developing comfort with dark subjects, and all that is possible at night. Poe and King then came along, adding deeply satisfying entertainment and poetry to otherwise fearful things.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yes. Because of [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885aUJnKb-Y"]this[/YOUTUBE]
creepy. :eeep:

EDIT: hearing it now reminds me of a recent typoc member :shock:

I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!

Although im not sure how Welsh I am. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!

Although im not sure how Welsh I am. :D

I'm trying to figure out why the hell it has the theme music from the American comedy Soap on it.

I didn't find it funny, just annoying. Maybe I'm missing something.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm trying to figure out why the hell it has the theme music from the American comedy Soap on it.

I didn't find it funny, just annoying. Maybe I'm missing something.

Just got back off holiday so late reply, but it was more of a vent goers joke I think. Rather than any inherent humour in the video itself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was always whispered stories of brujos doing strange evil things out in the empty desert on the outskirts of my Texas border town that scared me. After I had moved away, I learned that there is a lot of peyote related activity due to it growing naturally in my old stomping grounds.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you kidding? i envied them!

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
The Wizard of Oz taught me all about equal opportunity witching.
"Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?"

It also taught me to pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

gromit

likes this
Not witches. I think I maybe even liked them. I was scared of rabies and wolves the most.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Witches no, but my various paranormal experiences as a child sure spooked me. I also had an irrational fear of bigfoot, that got worse whenever I visited my family in Montana. :p

Mole

Permabanned
The Bunyip

It was the Bunyip, a strange large threatening creature of the never ending Australian Bush, lurking just out of the firelight, ready to devour naughty children.

W

WhoCares

Witches? No. I always wanted to be one, until I discovered that actual witchcraft was really quite ordinary. Then it lost its appeal completely. I feared poltergeists.

W

WALMART

Witches did not scare me. I think I've always felt I could overpower a witch.

Little demons lurking in the shadows... waiting to slice open my achilles tendon D:

But I'm with you on the paradigm shift. People are new-agey. I find suspicion of higher institutional conspiracy particularly irksome.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, i was terrified of witches. I would sleep with my head under the covers so the witches couldn't get me while i was sleeping.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was never afraid of witches, per se, but my god did this movie scare this shit out of me when I was a kid.

Even the book itself was pretty horrifying. I guess the moral of the story is that I'm down with witches, but Roald Dahl? Not so much.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It didn't occur to me to be afraid of witches when I was little. When I was a little older I was taught they could be real and exercise power, but not over Christians. I don't necessarily believe Christians are immune anymore, but I don't think undeserved curses 'come to rest' as the Proverbs say and I try to make it a point to 'harm no one.' I generally like Wiccans and relate to them better than my coreligionists. So, whatever that all means.

Of things that go bump in the night, I was afraid to show favoritism to particular stuffed animals -- I did not want any of them to feel the need to avenge the slight should they come to life.

I didn't think of clowns just out of nowhere, but they have scared me since I was little. When I was four my mom took me to the circus and one got me in the eye with a squirt gun. Then, when I was ten or eleven, my friend's mom took a bunch of us to see Poltergeist and that just made it a hundred times worse.