First 45678 Last

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

No, not at all. I wanted to be a white witch.
    Oh but i did fear bad vibes which i supposed could be emitted from persons so then they could be construde as baddie witches...at least temporarily.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Forgot about this thread, anyway, I remember them being more of a terror figure growing up, the featured more as terrifying things in movies and TV. Roald Dahl's The Witches was read on a storytime TV show for kids repeatedly for instance, lots of culturally specific TV programming took place around halloween which featured the archetypical evil, green, cauldrine stirring crone, those things have all probably been ditched now as offensive to wiccans or something. Also I recall a fear of witches steming from King Solomans mines and other films like it screened on TV, seriously, one of those shows has a witch who uses hyponsis to stop a guy breathing, her appearence was freakish too and at one point she is fixing to have an iron mask heated up in volcanic lava droped on someones face or some. Also Temple of Doom was scary and I associated that with witchcraft and black magic.

I just dont get the identification with them or lack of fear of them or magic that a lot of you do or did growing up. Although I will admit that I had an incredible fear of a old lady who lived in an old house with a neglected and overgrown garden, it had creeping ivy all over a wooden arc construct and huge over grown hedges, also lots of weeds overgrown up through the patio. My dad had to go speak to this person once I had to go along, I dont remember much more about it because I was a toddler, besides total and abject fear. It didnt help that my cousins who lived next door and took great pleasure in tormenting me with their friends told me grisly stories about witches and child sacrifice and kidnapping being true and rife. They would tell me when there were heavy police prescences because of the troubles that it was a witch hunt because another child was missing. Probbaly slowly cooked alive and eaten. Or eaten alive while forced to watch their lower limbs being consumed.

Man I had a pretty traumatic childhood :-P

Ginkgo

As a kid, my heroes were typically anti-heroes because anti-heroes are typically distanced enough from the protagonist to be interesting and yet close enough to be trusted. You can always trust an anti-hero to act on his own accord; his motives are pure because factions do not bind him. When he rescues you, he means it. When he screws you over, he means it. Witches scared me a bit; I even felt that modernized witches like Harry Potter, Samantha from Bewitched, and other arcanists portrayed as benevolent drank too much of their own Kool-aid for their own good. In that sense, they're a bit like everyone but with a different choice of wardrobe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I certainly didn't fear witches when I was growing up. I wanted to be a sorcerer, myself, and to that end, I would fill entire notebooks with incantations, potion recipes, magical diagrams, and directions for the summoning of demons. When my parents discovered my spell books, they took them away and later had several members of their church congregation surround me with a Prayer Circle. In a Christian Prayer Circle, a bunch of older men move in and put their hands all over your body, so that God's energy can flow into you.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Yes. Because of [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885aUJnKb-Y"]this[/YOUTUBE]
    creepy.

EDIT: hearing it now reminds me of a recent typoc member
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My grandmother used to tell me she was a witch, because she's insane.

I always thought they were cool.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Yes. Because of [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885aUJnKb-Y"]this[/YOUTUBE]
    creepy.

EDIT: hearing it now reminds me of a recent typoc member
    I remember that and yes it scared the shit out of me too, I remember how it could pass through walls and that was scary, just the hed sticking out thing. WTF.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This movie --although the witches are ugly & scary in most cases-- made me think witches were awesome.. however certain parts made me become suspicious of particular inanmiate objects, like certain paintings. I'll not spoil it for you kiddies.

stars angelica huston, won some awards & junk.
    stream: http://stagevu.com/video/vozawtdwkllb
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I thought they were really cool, and wanted to be one :o

Then again, most of the witches I was exposed to in my early childhood were from Harry Potter, the Bartimaeus Trilogy, and other really cool fantasy/adventure stories.

WHO WOULDN'T WANNA BE A WITCH??

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Not at all. I always wanted to be one. And now I am.

I was afraid of a lot of things though, and I'm still kind of afraid of ghosts and spirits.