• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did you fear witches growing up?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, no fears of witches or anything supernatural, that I can remember.

I do remember being bizarrely paranoid of strangers lurking somewhere in the house/breaking into the house, and then coming to get me while I was sleeping. This made me slightly obsessive in that by middle school I'd wander the house prior to bedtime to make sure all of the doors were locked, and would also lock my bedroom door and put a brick in front of it (so that if someone still got through I'd hopefully hear the brick moving? I dunno.. I know, I was weirdly paranoid).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, but I feared Bloody Mary.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I didn't fear witches.

I feared demons/possession and ghosts. Spiritual stuff. Witches, goblins, ghouls, monsters... didn't pay any mind to.

R

Riva

I never was afraid of witches in particular. Was always afraid of ghosts. Guess what? I'm 24 years old and still is afraid of ghosts. Not exactly ghosts but horror movies. I am terrified of horror movies. Could it be that I really am or is it simply because I have extremely fast/sensitive reflexes? I tell others (who watch these movies with me) that it is the latter though it probably is the former.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I'm still afraid of demons and clowns. It doesn't keep me up nights, but I would go out of my way to avoid both. Well, unless it's a 'demon' in urban fantasy or paranormal romance or like Lorne in Angel. And I don't mind Loonette in Big Comfy Couch. I don't watch horror movies. I'm way too chicken. The news is plenty scary enough for me.

I'm not afraid of stuffed animals anymore, though.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I guess I was disturbed by the variety of witches that liked to eat children. I would've felt that way about any elderly cannibals though. I was more scared of werewolves and vampires. They didn't just kill you, they changed you. Ghosts also scared me, because enough adults believed in them that it seemed more plausible. And not only were they creepy on their own, but the ghost existence seemed horrible. Stuck in a scary location, forever alone, unable to change, exiled from all comfort, shipwrecked in time and space. Fuck Casper the Friendly Ghost, I didn't buy his spin.

93JC

JC. You have just given me nightmares for the rest of the week. CONGRATS!

I said it was "not safe for life"! I only provided a link to the URL! I didn't think I needed to put "WARNING TO NIJNTJE: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK".

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I said it was "not safe for life"! I only provided a link to the URL! I didn't think I needed to put "WARNING TO NIJNTJE: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK".

I'm like Pandora and The forbidden box of misery, the more I'm told "NO" the more it makes me want to do something...

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
If you'd put that up she DEFINITELY would've clicked on it.

eg NIJNTJE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK.

YOU ASSHOLE!!! I'LL HAVE THAT FUCKING SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL NIGHT NOW.

WTF is an industry superfund? I thought all Australian TV ads were like this: NIJNTJE: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK

it's a fund for superannuation (retirement fund) run by the specific industry you work in. Apparently they have less fees and a horrible, horrible jingle.

The beer ad was much better.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
No, I did not fear witches growing up. On the other hand, I find them terrifying when they're young.