User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

no, i wanted to be a witch. i still fantasize about having magical powers all the time. i can't remember ever really being afraid of any supernatural beings. i do remember going to disneyworld when i was 4, and there was someone dressed up as the bad guy from pocahontas (ratcliffe) and i was terrified and hid behind my mom and wouldn't go anywhere near him.

MBTI
    yupp

not witches. but i did fear aliiens ghosts and a foreign invasion and being taken off to a concentration camp.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I never believed in witches or ghosts as a kid; it always seemed silly to me. But I read these books for girls my age that had characters my age and older who were scared of them and always convincing themselves they were around and freaking out...so I tried to convince myself to believe in them and act like I believed in them. How lame is that?

Society

well, the classical horror has already being romanticized when i was a child, so there wasn't much fear into it. my dad was a big sci-fi fan so aliens always seemed very exciting too.

however, i remember watching the scene of someone becoming a werewolf, with the particular image of the mouth extending, and it scared the crap out of me - not that they would attack me, but that i'd become one. there was also a scene from a cartoon of a women getting old and ugly instantly, and it did the same job... instant physical transformations in general used to do that.
    when i was something like 5 or 6, i creeped out of bed, went to while my father was watching a movie about killer clown.. clowns creep me out to this day.
    most of my nightmares as a kid have always being people. i remember dreaming a lot about captain hook coming to stab me with his hand claw, and robbers, and the joker from the first batman movie. i was also afraid for awhile of people with real guns - cops, soldiers, etc... as you might imagine, israel is full of the later, and i ended up in the army myself, at which point i gave my gun a name and characterized it's high maintanance with a personality.

for my then younger generation - my stepson - the insperation to his fears are actually game mechanics - he loved going all creative in minecraft, but early on i didn't know how to turn it onto safe mode, and it gave him the distinct idea that you need to build/find a house and hide at night because the monsters come out. but he has a strong immunity that if something is pretend then you don't need to be afraid of it, so nothing stays scary after 10 minutes of explenation.

another factor is politics, time and place:
    i remember being afraid of sadam hussain when i was a kid, and i dealt with it by building my own lego WMDs... but that was only during the golf war when we had to go into shelters, and i was mad at him because i hated the gas masks. as far as i know only one israeli actually died from the chemical missiles during the entire war.

on the other front, when i grow up, it was the height of the israeli palestinian peace process and everyone around me believed rabin and arafat are going to end our wars... i even remember my parents telling me that by the time i'd go to the army there won't be any war to fight in (i ended up serving in the 2nd lebanon war). but as the world seems to know with disproportionate interest, things went south, and by the time my sister was a kid, she came home one day afraid that palestinian terrorist will get her. ironically, sucessful terrorist activities where a lot heigher when i was a kid then when she was.

figsfiggyfigs

Nuclear war. Not witches.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I was afraid of vampires because of this clip from a show called "creepy Canada" I was unable to fall asleep on my side for the longest time. (and it's still uncomfortable, I'd rather just lie on my back) Because it showed a vampire biting someone sleeping on their side. Also, I would get all scared that my mom would turn into a vampire, for some reason. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

We're not that scary, once you get to know us
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Riva

No I was never afraid of Witches. I was afraid of bombs though. Lots and lots of bombs killed lots and lots of civilians where I come from.

Ah, how could we forget her???

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    no, i wanted to be a witch. i still fantasize about having magical powers all the time. i can't remember ever really being afraid of any supernatural beings. i do remember going to disneyworld when i was 4, and there was someone dressed up as the bad guy from pocahontas (ratcliffe) and i was terrified and hid behind my mom and wouldn't go anywhere near him.
    I won't be surprised if you'd still feel frightened by him .

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    What the hell Riva???

Banned

I reveled in the occult.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Nope. I must've been around 9 or 10.

This is what happens when you don't leash your kids.
    There is something amazingly transgressive about trashing a strangers house, breaking and entering and trashing it, at that age too. Man.