User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The original question is kind of funny but made me think that things we are scared are culturally tied.
    I was not afraid of witches when a child.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This. It would have been like being afraid of unicorns.
    To be fair, unicorns are pretty scary. They're horses with horns, and some of the legends tell us that they can teleport around at will. You don't want to piss one of them off. They're more threatening than their modern depictions would have you believe:

This is bullshit. This is just going to desensitize us to their real danger, just as FreeBSD's Elmer Fudd demon did with, oh, demons.

--

No, I didn't fear witches--but, as @alcea rosea states, we fear the things that we were raised to fear (or were otherwise exposed to but didn't understand), so I could have been.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The witches from the movie The Witches (based on the Roald Dahl book) scared the crap out of me.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No, I was afraid of demons. Not like scaly things with horns. Fallen angels set out to twist you, whispering poison into your subconscious, possessing Ouija boards, knocking bibles off of shelves and clawing at your back in the night.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Which is the fears witches function? Ne? Fe?

Riva

Default The Wicked Witch From The West -

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    No, I was afraid of demons. Not like scaly things with horns. Fallen angels set out to twist you, whispering poison into your subconscious, possessing Ouija boards, knocking bibles off of shelves and clawing at your back in the night.
    Those were actually the very scariest. I think I repressed that fear and forgot. ;D
    On that note a fond memory from childhood was a TV series where a woman inherits a haunted house with a painting that cries and a creepy doll that bruises and pops up everywhere. By coincidence I discovered that they'd actually used a doll that was in production and sold commercially as I pulled one out of a giftwrapper opening christmas presents, age 5. It was disturbing.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Which is the fears witches function? Ne? Fe?
    Si+Fe, man. We've always feared witches; therefore, we ought to fear witches now. They are not us; they are outsiders.

Alternatively, Ni. I prophesize that a witch will eat your family. How do I know this? I just know this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    Those were actually the very scariest. I think I repressed that fear and forgot. ;D
    On that note a fond memory from childhood was a TV series where a woman inherits a haunted house with a painting that cries and a creepy doll that bruises and pops up everywhere. By coincidence I discovered that they'd actually used a doll that was in production and sold commercially as I pulled one out of a giftwrapper opening christmas presents, age 5. It was disturbing.
    It's time to rerepress! That is creepy. I had a conversation this weekend questioning as to why anybody insisted on keeping that creepy clown doll in the kids room in Poltergeist. Nobody seemed to like it.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Tell me about it. It should be a rule: Creepy dolls--->to the dumpster, NO CLOWNS! ever. ...and if you hear a creepy sound coming from a house rumored to be haunted/abandoned holiday center/ former house of a notorious serial killer RUN ...not towards, but away from. ;D