User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Are you fearless?

What do you understand by being fearless? What does it mean? Would you consider yourself to be fearless?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

No, I am not fearless, but I have much courage and much hope. I associate fearlessness with a lack of attention.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTj

I'm afraid so.

Ginkgo

Fear is the essence of self-preservation, in one sense or another. Yes, we can be scared for the sake of others or things, but it is only a feeling of those objects belonging to us, stemming from self-preservation that causes us to be scared. That's not to say that fear ought to be magically wished away, but that it should be confronted and understood as one's own for one's own particular reasons, rather than mistaking anything else to be one's own. I am not innately fearless, but there are certainly times when fear isn't in control of me, like right now.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, because it would be stupid to be fearless. Understanding fear is the first step toward getting around it and using it to your advantage; being totally devoid is more of a weakness imo.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I'm more fearless as long as I have a sense of control or clarity. Unfortunately, you can't control everything.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm average.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm more fearless as long as I have a sense of control or clarity. Unfortunately, you can't control everything.
    Yes, I agree with you, we don’t have the power to manage everything in our daily life.

Listening to one's own feelings as they arise, is a sign of intelligence.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

exatcly^

It's not in avoiding the idea of fear, beause we all have to it some degree. But the more you are able to listen to the specifics on why you feel that way, you will gain more control over your emotions. So you will be more to a degree "fearless", but really it's just knowing yourself. I barely ever feel fear of physical pain and ca act intuitively to avoid injury without a glimpse of possible pain or fear of no control, because i am confident in my control. I think the idea of fear is generated by self-conciousness, instead of just going with the flow. You must learn not to give a fuck if you will be fearless
    1+1=3 OMFG