• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you fearless?

Lark

What do you understand by being fearless? What does it mean? Would you consider yourself to be fearless?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I am not fearless, but I have much courage and much hope. I associate fearlessness with a lack of attention.

G

Ginkgo

Fear is the essence of self-preservation, in one sense or another. Yes, we can be scared for the sake of others or things, but it is only a feeling of those objects belonging to us, stemming from self-preservation that causes us to be scared. That's not to say that fear ought to be magically wished away, but that it should be confronted and understood as one's own for one's own particular reasons, rather than mistaking anything else to be one's own. I am not innately fearless, but there are certainly times when fear isn't in control of me, like right now.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, because it would be stupid to be fearless. Understanding fear is the first step toward getting around it and using it to your advantage; being totally devoid is more of a weakness imo.

KDude

I'm more fearless as long as I have a sense of control or clarity. Unfortunately, you can't control everything.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

roman67

I'm more fearless as long as I have a sense of control or clarity. Unfortunately, you can't control everything.

Yes, I agree with you, we don’t have the power to manage everything in our daily life.

Mole

Permabanned
Listening to one's own feelings as they arise, is a sign of intelligence.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
exatcly^

It's not in avoiding the idea of fear, beause we all have to it some degree. But the more you are able to listen to the specifics on why you feel that way, you will gain more control over your emotions. So you will be more to a degree "fearless", but really it's just knowing yourself. I barely ever feel fear of physical pain and ca act intuitively to avoid injury without a glimpse of possible pain or fear of no control, because i am confident in my control. I think the idea of fear is generated by self-conciousness, instead of just going with the flow. You must learn not to give a fuck if you will be fearless

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not without fear. But I can be fearless. Sometimes it's me pushing through through the fear, sometimes I'm just being stupid. Good and bad things come from both, somtimes simultaneously. My tarot card should've been the fool.