User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I agree with a lot of it. I think maturity in a lot of ways is about being able to engage in "simultaneous being." It's about being able to have contradictory emotions, thoughts, etc in a healthy way that is not destructive to yourself or others. Being able toj relate to and put yourself into many different states of being. This is partially why I find linear interpretations of physics unsatisfying. Something like Rememberance of things past is good. You have to remember to incorpoate the realities outside your own into your complexities as well
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Here's a thought: do you think maybe people tend to dislike "problematic" fiction due to it resembling real life - and its uncertainties - too much? If so, do you suppose more exposure to that kind of fiction would make people less disappointed by - and able to cope with - the messiness of life?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    IsFJ

Also, do you guys have any other examples of "problematic fiction" to offer?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think it has to do with preference. I don't think one type is superior to the other. I think both serve a purpose. I also think people enjoy being stressed out to some degree. Many crave the confusing, the negative, the ambiguous, while many do not.

An example of the popular novel is A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helprin.

An example of problematic fiction is Lunar Park by Brett Easton Ellis.