• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Six Facts Plainly Revealed in The Gospel

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Six Facts Plainly Revealed in the Gospel (John 6:37-40)
by Don Fortner:

1. All men and women by nature, since the fall of our father Adam, are sinners, alienated from God.
“All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” As sinners, we are alienated from the life of God and have become enemies to God. The wages of our sin and enmity to God is death. Every transgression must receive its just recompense of reward (Hebrews 2:2). All sin must be punished, either in the sinner or in the sinner’s Substitute. The law, being broken, accuses of sin, condemns the sinner, and demands death. Unless satisfaction is made, the sentence of the law must be executed. The sanction of the law is death. It can never be abrogated, changed, altered, or abated. God will never relax his justice! “The soul that sinneth, it shall die!” (Ezekiel 18:2). But…

2. It is the will of God to save sinners.
“He delighteth in mercy!” God has decreed the salvation of some. Christ came to save some. There are some people in this world who must and shall be saved, because it is the will of God to save them; and God’s will cannot be frustrated (John 10:16). Every chosen sinner (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14), every predestined son (Romans 8:29-30), every heir of the covenant (Ephesians 1:3-7), everyone whose name was written in the Lamb’s Book of Life from the foundation of the world must be saved (Revelation 13:8). There is no possibility that even one of God’s elect will perish! However…

3. It is impossible for a holy and just God to save any sinner apart from the satisfaction of justice (Hebrews 9:22).
He declares, “I will by no means clear the guilty” (Exodus 34:7). I know that God is omnipotent, almighty, and sovereign. He does what he will! But God cannot do that which is contrary to his nature and character. We do not rob God of his sovereignty when we repeat the declaration of Scripture and say, “God cannot lie.” He who is the Truth cannot lie! Neither do we rob God of his sovereignty when we assert this truth of Holy Scripture: — God cannot forgive sin without the satisfaction of justice. The just, holy, and true God must punish sin.

4. The only way the justice of God could ever be satisfied is by the substitutionary sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ (Job 34:23; Romans 3:24-26).
God could not die, and man could not satisfy; but the God-man both died and satisfied. Two facts demonstrate clearly that there was no other way for justice to be satisfied. The love of God the Father for his Son proves it. Would God almighty slay his darling Son, if there were any other way to save his people consistent with his justice? And the prayer of Christ in Gethsemane proves it (Matthew 26:39). If the salvation of his people could be accomplished by any means other than his death upon the cross, would not God the Father have granted his tormented Son the desire of his soul?

5. It is impossible for God in his holiness to punish any sinner for whose sins justice has been satisfied by the blood of Christ (Isaiah 53:11 Romans 7:14)
- The law has no claim upon an executed felon! “Payment God cannot twice demand, first at my bleeding Surety’s hand, and then again at mine!”

6. Every sinner who trusts the Lord Jesus Christ has been chosen, redeemed, and called, and must be forever saved.
It is written in the Book of God, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31). May God the Holy Spirit now enable you by his sovereign grace to trust the Lord Jesus Christ.

AMEN.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that you owe me a million dollars. It's okay though, I know economic times are tough right now so instead you can just pay me back by being my butler. In exchange I will forgive all your debt.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Six Things That Are Totally In The Bible, If You're Into That Sort of Thing

Fixed your title there.

And, yeah, this stuff is kind of the core concepts of Christianity. I think most of us are familiar with it, Christian or no. Which just makes me ask what the direction this thread is supposed to go in.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Fixed your title there.

And, yeah, this stuff is kind of the core concepts of Christianity. I think most of us are familiar with it, Christian or no. Which just makes me ask what the direction this thread is supposed to go in.

Yes, these are the core concepts of Christianity.

And it's debatable that most people here are familiar with them.

And it's a fact that most people reject them.

And no, they don't only apply to people who are "Into That Sort of Thing."

They apply to everyone here.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that you owe me a million dollars. It's okay though, I know economic times are tough right now so instead you can just pay me back by being my butler. In exchange I will forgive all your debt.

That's how false religion works.

The Gospel is the antithesis of false religion.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Threads like this do little more than provide evidence for religions (all too often) being viruses of the mind.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This thread testifies to the total depravity of man and the justice and righteousness of God.

This thread testifies to your delusion, your psychological need for "redemption" from an external source (likely caused by your having previously lived a life not much worth mentioning), and, having found that source, your desperate (and unrecognized [by you]) need to exert your will over others by trying to force them to seek "redemption" from the same external source.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They apply to everyone here, I believe.

FYP.

It's funny how I could spend close to 40 years in the church, many of them as a worship musician/leader, and yet I can still find a post like the OP offensive. What do you hope to gain by it?

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
This thread testifies to your delusion, your psychological need for "redemption" from an external source (likely caused by your having previously lived a life not much worth mentioning), and, having found that source, your desperate (and unrecognized [by you]) need to exert your will over others by trying to force them to seek "redemption" from the same external source.

Your controversy is with God, not with me.

And "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:31)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

They apply to everyone here.
How about these:

''When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.'' (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." Deuteronomy 22:28-29

''Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.'' (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

''Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother...''
-- Matthew 10:34-35 (AV)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ohh, man. I learned two things from being raised as a Jehovah's Witness. The first is that the Bible can be interpreted to say about anything. And the second is that nobody has ever convinced anybody of anything by quoting scriptures if they didn't believe them in the first place. In my experience, all conversions happened because the people were lonely, needed a support structure, suffered loss, or were vulnerable in other ways. This must be what is called the Holy Spirit.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
FYP.

It's funny how I could spend close to 40 years in the church, many of them as a worship musician/leader, and yet I can still find a post like the OP offensive. What do you hope to gain by it?

It's a declaration of truth.

I don't gain anything by posting it.

However, I gain everything by believing it.

KDude

FYP.

It's funny how I could spend close to 40 years in the church, many of them as a worship musician/leader, and yet I can still find a post like the OP offensive.

I don't find it offensive so much as confusing why he approaches the subject this way. He has no concept of how forums work. Forums revolve around discussions. I have nothing against his zeal, but why not phrase things that garner discussion and debate and demonstrate and defend his reasoning? Christians have an approach like this ("Apologetics"). Even his own avatar, Charles Spurgeon, engaged people in this way, and wrote tons of books in the apologetic style. He didn't just write bible quotes and left it at that. He was one of the most popular preachers of his era, and I don't think he accomplished that by barking from the hilltops, condemning complete strangers.

Lark

Fixed your title there.

Its not the core of Christianity as I understand and love it, this is a lot of obscurist, protestant theology.

An exercise in lousy flawed logic which itself could only have been borne from something like solo scripture, itself a minor historical footnote of a struggle arising from the innovative novelty of popular publishing.

All of that supposition about God's substitutional justification is an exercise in gross anthropomorphism. Human, all too human is that deity.

The ludicrousness of election, predestination and a blood sacrifice for sin which hasnt even happened yet has been well satirised by James Hogg in Confessions Of A Justified Sinner.

I swear the Jews and Rabbis understand Jesus better than most modern day or reformation founded Christians.