• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Six Facts Plainly Revealed in The Gospel

Lark

The testimony was that it was said a stones throw away from the disciples and that it was at the end of the prayer they were found asleep.

Do you think mark (and Luke) lied or do you believe people filled in testimony later?

I was being facetious, I think that its possible to interpret that remark in that but I dont believe that Jesus would have had to capitulate and be humble to God's will quite like that, he was afterall part of the trinity so it seems like he was having a battle of conscience instead, like "OK, time to nail the colours to the mast on this one".

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
1. All men and women by nature, since the fall of our father Adam, are sinners, alienated from God.

2. It is the will of God to save sinners.

It might just be my view of this, but I see these two as massive contradictions.

Always reminds me of the view of Christianity, (specifically catholicism), in the film Dogma. How can someone be absolved of sin if God's judgement of them is absolute and infallible?

It's a paradox...

Of course this is just my silly cliche understanding, im sure someone intelligent will be along shortly to point out my flawed reasoning....any second now.....any..

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well that is logical if you do believe in the election theories of Calvin, I find that's all incredible given that it appears to be based upon the literal interpretation of single verse about names being written in the "book of life", why is that more important than either the passages about judgement in Mark or Matthew?
It's based on a whole bunch of "proof-texts"; the biggest one of all being Roman 9 ("vessels of wrath/mercy"; it's actually referring to Israel, not every person saved or lost), and the next biggest one usually being Acts 13:48 ("as many as ordained to life, believed". Still not talking about every person ever saved or lost).
I just think that the theory of election or a choosen people is totally unreconcilable with salvation being contingent upon either faith or works.
IT's also irreconcilable with the Grace taught in scripture. Its adherents reason that "God owed no one salvation at all, so it's a good thing he saved as many as HE did" (which is relative FEW. But then nothing changed from the Law, where only a few were saved, so it questions what the Cross really accomplished).