First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    You should lead with this, hun. This is everything, and much more real and contextual.
    Yes.

MBTI
    yupp

doesn't the bible also mention that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is to get into heaven? yet the silly christians still try.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    doesn't the bible also mention that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is to get into heaven? yet the silly christians still try.
    Matthew 19

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."
    25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"
    26 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24
    At least get the quote right.

Edit - ^ hive mind.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess, just stepping back from this briefly, if the purpose is evangelism, it's not great that the only people now inhabiting the thread and talking to each other are people who already profess the same beliefs. It's pretty clear the approach that was taken is the sort that turns off those who already don't believe and is only encouraging to those who already accept what is being said and/or who can bring more personal subtext to the table.

IOW, the thread basically has just become a "believer hangout."

I think also it's wise to watch how tone changes when you're "evangelizing" vs "sharing." If the evangelizing style is argumentative, rigid, and repressive, but you have a totally different approach and tone to the question, "What wonderful things has God done in my life?" then something is not syncing up. Something is off-kilter.

It's not even a matter of just being more overt about the latter; I'm suggesting that the latter tone and feeling needs to somehow permeate the evangelistic effort rather than being completely separate from it. The two need to be integrated.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess, just stepping back from this briefly, if the purpose is evangelism, it's not great that the only people now inhabiting the thread and talking to each other are people who already profess the same beliefs. It's pretty clear the approach that was taken is the sort that turns off those who already don't believe and is only encouraging to those who already accept what is being said and/or who can bring more personal subtext to the table.

IOW, the thread basically has just become a "believer hangout."

I think also it's wise to watch how tone changes when you're "evangelizing" vs "sharing." If the evangelizing style is argumentative, rigid, and repressive, but you have a totally different approach and tone to the question, "What wonderful things has God done in my life?" then something is not syncing up. Something is off-kilter.

It's not even a matter of just being more overt about the latter; I'm suggesting that the latter tone and feeling needs to somehow permeate the evangelistic effort rather than being completely separate from it. The two need to be integrated.
    I'm not a believer. I thought his initial approach was terrible. I think most of us here are agreeing that his initial approach was terrible.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    In every way, and constantly.

Because Adam fell, God ordained that all humankind would inherit his sinful nature. Consequently, it is natural for me to sin.

Furthermore, anything short of perfect faith and obedience to God is sin, so everything I do is sin--even my best thoughts, words, and deeds.

Then there are the specific sins I have committed at times, and specific sins I struggle with and frequently commit. (I won't confess them to you, but suffice it to say, they run the gamut)

There are past sins and present sins and sins I will commit in the future.

In short, I AM sin, and can do nothing BUT sin.

Therefore, my only hope for acceptance with a holy God is the vicarious substitutionary atonement of the perfectly faithful and obedient Son of God, Jesus Christ.
    How are you sin if sin is removed?

MBTI
    xNxx

All this wrangling about proper methodology is irrelevant.

The fact is:

John 3:18-24
    “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
    Preachers can and do fail, but God cannot fail.

If anyone is lost, it is because they neglected the one needful thing: to come to Jesus Christ and be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:18
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    How are you sin if sin is removed?
    My sins were laid on Christ and perfectly atoned for by Him, so they can not and will not be held against me by God.

Nevertheless, the sin He atoned for is presently in me and committed by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    All this wrangling about proper methodology is irrelevant.

The fact is:

John 3:18
    “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:19-24
    And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

God cannot fail.

If anyone is lost, it is because they neglected the one needful thing: to come to Jesus Christ and be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:18
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    Orthodoxy doesn't stand on it's own. Living out the word requires right orthodoxy, right orthopraxy (right practice), and right orthopathy (right affections).

Methodology matters. I really doubt you believe that you can present the truth however you want as long as it's the truth. How do you feel about testamints?

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it