User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 206

  1. #151
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Why did jesus die and rise from the dead?
    He rose from the dead because he was the son of God but at the same time one with God, as part of the holy trinity he couldnt be killed. He was/is immortal.

    He was killed because, as the prophesised by the old testament his life and ministry had confounded and challenged enough people to make him a target. As in the parable of the servants in the Vineyard, its the best description of what was going to happen, also why the Son was sent.

  2. #152
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    He rose from the dead because he was the son of God but at the same time one with God, as part of the holy trinity he couldnt be killed. He was/is immortal.

    He was killed because, as the prophesised by the old testament his life and ministry had confounded and challenged enough people to make him a target. As in the parable of the servants in the Vineyard, its the best description of what was going to happen, also why the Son was sent.
    No cigar.

  3. #153
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    He's kind of a petty, insecure narcissitic dick in that way, isn't He? Like, *extreme* Histrionic disorder, or one of those kids on "My Super Sweet 16" except his Super Sweet 16 encompasses all of time. You'd think, being perfect and all-powerful and stuff, he could handle people doing their own thing every once in a while without feeling the need to have them, you know, tortured for all time.

    No he's not petty and narcistic for three important reasons:

    1. He is the greatest and most important being in the universe and does by his very nature deserve the highest honor and glory.
    2. He by his common grace suffers millions of people to live and enjoy life that do not give him his due,
    3. He by his special grace sacrificed his own son so that he could completely forgive his children for not giving him his due.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  4. #154
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    He's kind of a petty, insecure narcissitic dick in that way, isn't He? Like, *extreme* Histrionic disorder, or one of those kids on "My Super Sweet 16" except his Super Sweet 16 encompasses all of time. You'd think, being perfect and all-powerful and stuff, he could handle people doing their own thing every once in a while without feeling the need to have them, you know, tortured for all time.
    This is why I dont and cant accept that version of God, a lot of these ideas, the fact that they are current and have currency for most people as THE christian message makes it less and less surprising to me that people have become atheistic at a rate of knots.

  5. #155
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    No cigar.
    I'm sorry what?

    Do you want to play the I Was Right Game with me?

  6. #156
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    He rose from the dead because he was the son of God but at the same time one with God, as part of the holy trinity he couldnt be killed. He was/is immortal.

    He was killed because, as the prophesised by the old testament his life and ministry had confounded and challenged enough people to make him a target. As in the parable of the servants in the Vineyard, its the best description of what was going to happen, also why the Son was sent.
    Yes, but WHY?

    What did he accomplish on the cross? Anything?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  7. #157
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    No he's not petty and narcistic for two important reasons:

    1. He is the greatest and most important being in the universe and does by his very nature deserve the highest honor and glory.
    2. He by his common grace suffers millions of people to live and enjoy life that do not give him his due,
    3. He by his special grace sacrificed his own son so that he could completely forgive his children for not giving him his due.
    This version of God, who suffers millions to live. Its not my God. Its as simple as that. I cant even say that its a different interpretation or anything like that because its just so, so different to my reckoning and reading of world religions, first among those being Christianity in my tradition.

    It sounds much more like Zeus or one of the Greek deities.

  8. #158
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    I have the perfect explanation for the death of Jesus right here. My sharp Ti approved the logic behind it. Sadly, it is in Spanish.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  9. #159
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This version of God, who suffers millions to live. Its not my God. Its as simple as that. I cant even say that its a different interpretation or anything like that because its just so, so different to my reckoning and reading of world religions, first among those being Christianity in my tradition.

    It sounds much more like Zeus or one of the Greek deities.
    What inclines you to such a high view of human ability or low view of God's demands?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  10. #160
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Yes, but WHY?

    What did he accomplish on the cross? Anything?
    Personally, what I find more profound is that he willingly went on the cross in the first place. There is the salvation message that emphasizes the act as cosmic and sacrificial and providing atonement in some mysterious way, but I wish people would talk about how much he demonstrates here in a down to earth way. It's something I find much more difficult to do than simply believe.

    The Last Supper speech...the last message he wanted to pound into his disciples' heads... is that they must each be servants to each other. That that was how they would truly be his followers. He didn't say just believe in him. He wanted them to be "excellent to each other". Oh wait, that was Bill and Ted.... nevermind.

Similar Threads

  1. Reveal the good in the person above you.
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 12:57 AM
  2. [E6] Are Type Sixes the hardest people to read in the MBTI?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
  3. Reveal the bad in the person above you
    By Hate in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 10:04 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
  5. Am I in the right place?
    By cosmicdancer in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO