User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well man.. FWIW, even though I have a lot of disagreements with you, and we don't exactly get along (just being honest), I respect that you at least argue your points and try to participate in discussion. That's why I suspect Spurgeon is a troll. His level of dismisiveness and deflection is unrealistic. I've never seen anything like it at least. There are intolerant people in the world, but he seems like a parody of intolerance.

And the second thing that makes me confused is... Why here? Typology Central. Suddenly this of all places is some battleground to wage holy war against? He couldn't have gone to a forum that truly revels in "depravity"? He could have chosen a website devoted to "piss fetishists" or some racist forum. But he chose a psychology website? This makes no sense to me.

I do think this is phony, I also have begun to rethink a lot of other threads too when I think about it. There's a couple of them that I suspect right away of being invented as pretext to just messing with people.

The second part, there's other TypoC members I have on ignore, I suspect some of them would create threads to try and bait people into discussions with them. Its part of the reason I have them on ignore in the first place. I suspect that some of them could or would create an account like this. There are, yes, other forums and sources of contact on the web which I've had with people who've turned out to be jerks and I ignore them too, either because the forums in question afford that function or just the old fashioned way of not reading anything they post. There ARE some of them who're obsessive or weird types and I'd not be surprised if they followed me here because I use the same username and discuss the same topics in the same way here as elsewhere. That's a possibility too.

If you mean in general why they'd choose here, if they're a randomer and not a troll and not seeking to try and bait any particular members, well, maybe in a search engine this site just came up?

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The ice giants wouldn't dare! Odin, Vili and Vé slayed their progenitor, Ymir, and all the frost giants except Bergelmir and his wife drowned in the flood of Ymir's blood!

No, when Ragnarok comes the fire giants, led by Surtr the black one, will do battle with the gods.
    I could be mistaken since I base my knowledge on a book called The Compleat Enchanter which featured someone travelling to that reality, fantastic book but wouldnt vouch for its accuracy in terms of relating norse myths.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have been asking myself that for the entire thread. Why does TC give the religious such a hard on?
    Have you ever read anything about Jung?

Yep. Definite troll (successfully, I guess.. since I'm here replying, aren't I? Exactly what you want).

If you're connected with God, then ask God about me. He'll tell you a funny story. I'm not a storyteller though.

That said, you are a troll. You're not going to try one bit at understanding anything. That's not your goal. More than likely, you will churn out another dismissive and deflective statement, meant to antagonize. I just hope you finally take the mask off and let us in on the joke soon. Don't carry on the act for too long, y'know? It's no fun if we don't get the big "reveal" and climactic ending.
    I think you're right you know, its also made me rethink A LOT of threads, I wonder how many get created in order particular members to mess with other members?

That's pretty cruel and silly, and when I think about it accounts for a lot of the interaction online that I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Very good summation of what's perhaps the central point.

I think Jesus was pretty clear about that and that each individual would by their who decisions and deeds experience the good life and a good afterlife, I think on this point Rob Bell has been the closest to the mark of the protestant authorities I've been acquainted with.
    I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that people experience the good afterlife by their own deeds. Yes, theoretically that's possible, but the reality is that God's law is an incredibly high standard. Jesus calls us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due. Moreover, the ability of human's to do good is extremely limited. I've been examining myself for decades and I'm still amazed everyday at my ability to have evil motivations behind Ostensibly good deeds.

Besides, the whole point of the rich young ruler passage that was originally quoted is that even a evil rich man with all sorts of evil deeds and omissions of good deeds can be saved by God, because God does the impossible where people are weak and incapable.
    Last edited by Beorn; 04-13-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added text for clarity
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that people experience the good afterlife by their own deeds. Yes, theoretically that's possible, but the reality is that God's law is an incredibly high standard. Jesus calls us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due. Moreover, the ability of human's to do good is extremely limited. I've been examining myself for decades and I'm still amazed everyday at my ability to have evil motivations behind Ostensibly good deeds.

Besides, the whole point of the rich young ruler passage that was originally quoted is that even a evil rich man with all sorts of evil deeds and omissions of good deeds can be saved by God, because God does the impossible where people are weak and incapable.
    We disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    We disagree.
    Why did jesus die and rise from the dead?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yep. Definite troll (successfully, I guess.. since I'm here replying, aren't I? Exactly what you want).

If you're connected with God, then ask God about me. He'll tell you a funny story. I'm not a storyteller though.

That said, you are a troll. You're not going to try one bit at understanding anything. That's not your goal. More than likely, you will churn out another dismissive and deflective statement, meant to antagonize. I just hope you finally take the mask off and let us in on the joke soon. Don't carry on the act for too long, y'know? It's no fun if we don't get the big "reveal" and climactic ending.
    Spurgeon: "Kdude! I am your father!!!"
    Kdude: "NooOOoOooOOOOooOOO!!!!! That's imPOSSSible!"
    Spurgeon: "And now my Lord and Master Jesus goes to prepare a place for us at the table of the Sith!"
    Kdude: "Wow now that's a twist."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

A window to the soul

Why did jesus die and rise from the dead?
    Amen. /Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" Any second you're not doing that you are doing the most evil of deeds by not giving God his due.
    He's kind of a petty, insecure narcissitic dick in that way, isn't He? Like, *extreme* Histrionic disorder, or one of those kids on "My Super Sweet 16" except his Super Sweet 16 encompasses all of time. You'd think, being perfect and all-powerful and stuff, he could handle people doing their own thing every once in a while without feeling the need to have them, you know, tortured for all time.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?