User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And yet in the same book Mathew relates the only story in which Jesus explicitly describes the salvation and damnation of those judged by God and it is not belief which he considers important but deeds, those deeds are acts of generosity, charity, altruism, he even describes how those caught out plead that they did not know what they were doing and did not recognise God/he himself.
    It's true that one's deeds must be good to enter Heaven. Even further, one's deeds must be PERFECT.

But how arrogant and self-righteous one must be to think for one second his deeds are PERFECT!

Therefore, the only way one can enter Heaven is through the merit of JESUS CHRIST, Who ALONE performed perfect faith and obedience.

As was stated in the OP, here:

1. All men and women by nature, since the fall of our father Adam, are sinners, alienated from God.
    “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” As sinners, we are alienated from the life of God and have become enemies to God. The wages of our sin and enmity to God is death. Every transgression must receive its just recompense of reward (Hebrews 2:2). All sin must be punished, either in the sinner or in the sinner’s Substitute. The law, being broken, accuses of sin, condemns the sinner, and demands death. Unless satisfaction is made, the sentence of the law must be executed. The sanction of the law is death. It can never be abrogated, changed, altered, or abated. God will never relax his justice! “The soul that sinneth, it shall die!” (Ezekiel 18:2).
    And here:

4. The only way the justice of God could ever be satisfied is by the substitutionary sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ (Job 34:23; Romans 3:24-26).
    God could not die, and man could not satisfy; but the God-man both died and satisfied. Two facts demonstrate clearly that there was no other way for justice to be satisfied. The love of God the Father for his Son proves it. Would God almighty slay his darling Son, if there were any other way to save his people consistent with his justice? And the prayer of Christ in Gethsemane proves it (Matthew 26:39). If the salvation of his people could be accomplished by any means other than his death upon the cross, would not God the Father have granted his tormented Son the desire of his soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    All this wrangling about proper methodology is irrelevant.
    I reassert my original post. I should have just left it at that, which was my intention.

I could give you any number of verses (actually, make that the entire book) that would blow that ignorant - it's the entire point of the book - statement and your non-relational behavior and understanding out of the water, but at this point, all I really want is for people to stop listening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    *unsubscribed*
    Ditto.
    Last edited by Mia.; 04-17-2012 at 06:03 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lol. Stressing words in all caps of course only makes your points even more true.

Enjoy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

This thread is not a social experiment.

Though it does indeed reveal a great deal about human depravity, and the spiritual blindness of unregenerate souls, confirming the truth of Scripture with imperical evidence.
    Everyone is depraved. News at 11. Even Jesus, who is said to be pure, still humbled himself, played the part of a regular man, and got killed, accepting the idea of depravity on to himself. He accepted his role as a mere "sheep led to slaughter". And in his last night alive with his students, he said to be great is to be a servant. That the least among them will be lifted up.

Yet, here you are, playing the role of an antagonist to your fellow "depraved" humans, wishing to lift yourself up, acting as their authority and executioner in God's name. You don't care to embrace humanity, know what anyone's story is, or what they care about. You don't care to make any real approach. And even the ones who explicitly tell you they understand your beliefs - you write them off too. Because you are greater than anyone. You are even greater than Jesus. Because Jesus would rather be pummeled, have his fleshed ripped to shreds, and killed than to do this.

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Because Jesus would rather be pummeled, have his fleshed ripped to shreds, and killed than to do this.
    You and others in this thread keep pretending to defend the honor of Jesus in order to dishonor me, yet you refuse to believe in Him or follow Him.

Stop pretending and believe in the Son of God.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It's true that one's deeds must be good to enter Heaven. Even further, one's deeds must be PERFECT.

But how arrogant and self-righteous one must be to think for one second his deeds are PERFECT!

Therefore, the only way one can enter Heaven is through the merit of JESUS CHRIST, Who ALONE performed perfect faith and obedience.
    OK then, what does that look like?

You and others in this thread keep pretending to defend the honor of Jesus in order to dishonor me, yet you refuse to believe in Him or follow Him.

Stop pretending and believe in the Son of God.
    I believe in God. If you simply asked, you would have gotten that answer in the first place. Too bad you live in your own world and make up everyone's beliefs for yourself. Must be fun to have such a good imagination.

I believe in God. What I don't believe in is me. You think I don't know that I'm a sinner? It's the very reason why I don't preach. Because I'm just a man. A terrible one at that. And I will burn if I start thinking I'm any better off than others.

And yet in the same book Mathew relates the only story in which Jesus explicitly describes the salvation and damnation of those judged by God and it is not belief which he considers important but deeds, those deeds are acts of generosity, charity, altruism, he even describes how those caught out plead that they did not know what they were doing and did not recognise God/he himself.
    Right, deeds are judged, not beliefs. It's a matter of whether we are judged by our own deeds or the deeds of Christ.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I believe in God. If you simply asked, you would have gotten that answer in the first place. Too bad you live in your own world and make up everyone's beliefs for yourself. Must be fun to have such a good imagination.

I believe in God. What I don't believe in is me. You think I don't know that I'm a sinner? It's the very reason why I don't preach. Because I'm just a man. A terrible one at that. And I will burn if I start thinking I'm any better off than others.
    If your faith is in Jesus Christ, then you can say you believe in God.

If not, then you do not believe in God.

And if you are aware that you are a sinner, then believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

MBTI
    xNxx

OK then, what does that look like?
    The Holy Spirit recorded numerous examples of faith in the Bible. (Abraham, Moses, David, Abigail, Rahab, The Centurion, The woman with the issue of blood, The Apostles, etc.)

I suggest you read the Bible if you want to know what God requires of his people.