• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Intelligence of individuals and groups.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quick, say yes to an old generalization!

A person is smart, people are dumb.

Or

People are smart, a person is dumb.

Which do you think is more true? :D

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
people are dumb. yes even the persons

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think they're all dumb and should be enslaved as human cattle. just kidding. (omg am I actually kidding? I don't know, I was told recently that I can't be) actually I think most people are smarter than they give themselves credit for.

G

garbage

People are smart; a person is dumb--under the right circumstances and if used in the right way.

We tend to not look broad enough and we perceive through our own lens, individually. However, we do have phenomena such as the bystander effect, which occur when we are under the firm belief that someone else is taking care of something for us.

So, it seems that if we're able to combine all of our disparate perspectives via critical thinking, then we're collectively pretty smart. Otherwise, not so much.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think people have difficulty integrating the various aspects of life due to limited experience and because they are caught up in roles in ways often outside of their own control.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think either statement is more true than the other.

Group think can be blinding and debilitating; however, one does not simply become cultured and have the knowledge to use technology when brought up alone in the wild.