MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Godless Liberals

http://godlessliberals.com/

I love this website because it is hilarious. I mean their symbol is a cowboy riding a trex!

Also, they have lots of funny pictures like this:

They have a facebook page and plan fun events (in the LA area) like karaoke night celebrating that the rapture DIDN'T happen when that preacher dude said it would.

Also, I should explain the "happy holidays" picture. In it is displayed the flying spaghetti monster wishing you a merry whatever you celebrate
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I wouldnt be oppose to a party celebrating that the rapture didnt happen, I'm a believer and celebrate each day in which things of biblical proportions dont happen, its another day in paradise for all of us. That's if you understand the message.

Another thing about understanding the message, it would be impossible to say "Fuck the poor" and remain Godly, that's absolutely anathema to the Christian God at least, also I would suggest the God of hebrew scriptures, possible even other deities and creedos, I'm not familiar with them all. It seems to be contrary to a basically spiritual and conviction based outlook on life or politics. I personally dont believe that suggestion that it all corresponds to poverty in a spiritual or mere cultural sense and has no baring upon material welfare is bogus.

I also dont understand why being either godless or liberal would necessary mean you give a damn about the poor, classical liberals dont, neo-liberals dont and those who're labelled liberals between those two poles I'm unsure are liberals at all but just show a little commonsense about capitalist ideology and the economy.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think this is more of an american thing reacting against tea baggers in the states and the bigotry that often fuels them/the religious right particularly in the south.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think this is more of an american thing reacting against tea baggers in the states and the bigotry that often fuels them/the religious right particularly in the south.
    Yeah, I hate those divisions, there's their equivalent here, like you cant find a party which is culturally conservative but which isnt fiscally capitalist, no matter how contradictory the pairing of those things seems to me.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It makes perfect sense. It's a sad mating strategy where low status males do what the higher ups tell them to do on the small chance they'll be rewarded with on of the captured slave girls once the beseiged city is sacked or like guys who participate in "trains" lol.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    It makes perfect sense. It's a sad mating strategy where low status males do what the higher ups tell them to do on the small chance they'll be rewarded with on of the captured slave girls once the beseiged city is sacked or like guys who participate in "trains" lol.
    Yeah but what I understand as cultural conservatism is not and can not be capitalist, it may not be uncapitalist or anticapitalist but it wont ever be procapitalist in the way that fiscal conservatism is. Properly understood I would say that capitalism and class struggles are not things which conservatives would foster.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Anyone have read it? I read some excerpt and it's ... hem ... WOW!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post

Anyone have read it? I read some excerpt and it's ... hem ... WOW!
    I think I would still burn Ayn Rand quicker, although it would be a hard decision.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Cool

Imo it's a remnant from the days of empire amongst other things. As long as I get land after 20 years in the legion and my portion of the spoils of war IDGAF about the tribes I have to slaughter to get it. They're not one of us. It is ok for the emperor to have more than me because God/the gods have blessed him. Etc etc.

@Speed Gavroche that's where they got the idea for their name from. It was meant with much mockulation

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well better a Godless liberal than a Godless capitalist anyway.