• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus the spirit or apparition?

Lark

I'm a bit annoyed with some of the turn in Christian and even Roman Catholic circles which considers that Jesus was perhaps resurrected as an apparition or spirit, that what people saw was a ghost, has anyone who is a Christian or is interested in Christianity familiar with this?

I think its a bit daft, I really dont think that any of the disciples would have been motivated to the sacrifices they made if there hadnt been a literal return to life from death by Jesus rather than his appearence as a ghost or anything.

Dont start that zombi jesus shit either, I know you're thinking about it ;):shock:

R

Riva

What should matter to Christ believers is that he came back. Regardless whether tangibly or intangibly. I am not a Christian so I am out of here.

Dont start that zombi jesus shit either, I know you're thinking about it

Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

I was thinking of the ghost busters.

ghostbusters-vs-jesus.jpg

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never heard of this.
Cool idea, though. I'd like to start a new sect of Christianity based on this. One day when we find Jesus's bones, this will be the only sect left.

Lark

I've never heard of this.
Cool idea, though. I'd like to start a new sect of Christianity based on this. One day when we find Jesus's bones, this will be the only sect left.

In all the books afterwards the disciples say that if there wasnt a resurrection there's no Christianity. I'm inclined to agree.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, yeah, I'm not sure how much you can alter an original concept before what you have bears no real relationship to it any longer.

Say what you will. Mormonism seems to be thriving.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doubting Thomas touches Jesus' hands and side in John 20:26-29. Also in John 20:17 Jesus tells Mary to not cling to him. It would seem the spirit idea is not consistent with the description in the book of John.

MBTI Type
ISTP
If you are asking if Jesus walked in flesh and blood at one point in time, He did. But consider this as what is important now:

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. (1 Corinthians 15)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was at an Easter service yesterday where the sermon touched on exactly this question. The preacher basically dismissed all interpretations of "the risen Christ" other than a literal resurrection of the flesh, ending with an exhortation to the effect that God transcends logic. I found it all a tad insulting, really. While I certainly agree with the last assertion, I think that every one of our (God-given) human faculties has a role in our understanding of the divine, including our ability to reason. It is one thing to acknowledge that we will never prove the existence of God, the divinity of Jesus, or the literal truth of a bodily resurrection; it is quite another to assume that God is fundamentally illogical.

In all the books afterwards the disciples say that if there wasnt a resurrection there's no Christianity. I'm inclined to agree.
But that's just it. Christianity does not need a physical resurrection to teach us what it does about God, or to be credible and consistent as a source of inspiration and moral guidance. As far as I know, none of the other major world religions rely on a resurrection event for legitimacy, and their followers have not lacked in motivation to make sacrifices for their faith.

In any case, from what I have read about the history of Jesus and the origins of the Bible, the whole messianic/resurrection story was overlaid on the more-or-less historical reality of a Jesus who healed the sick, befriended the marginalized, worked to reform the old law, and gave people hope for a better world. Small wonder he was executed by the authorities of his day. Stories of gods who endured death, visited the underworld, and returned to earthly life were present in many of the cultures of the day, and easily appropriated to illustrate the significance of Jesus' life, example, and teachings. To me, this is the important part, and why I, even as a non-Christian, respect and honor Jesus.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sounds Gnostic, where matter is evil and the spirit is good (or an attempt to deny the resurrection).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds Gnostic, where matter is evil and the spirit is good (or an attempt to deny the resurrection).
Not at all, or at least not for me. Denial of the physical resurrection is not a claim that matter is evil, just that it obeys the physical laws God ordained for it. Spirit transcends this physical reality, but works hand in glove with the physical in the creation itself, to include humans.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How many of them were indeed that smart? There are many things that you do not know about the evolution of mankind: technological, scientific evolution etc. The evolution of our society and of our techonological civilization is far more complex and has connections far deep than we can imagine. Tesla is more than suspect.

Conducting the technico-scientific progress of Mankind
I do not contest the merits of some scholars, scientists and I do not stain the memory of those who worked hard on the altar of science. Honor to them! But some of the greatest discoveries, those that would propel the technical progress of mankind are, I think, of I.T. origin. I will give some examples in this sense:
Benjamin Franklin, mason, who discovered the electricity, was a notorious occultist. Much of the discoveries that he made were presumably due to occult practices. It seems that in the cellars of his mansion in England were found traces of human sacrifices, skeletons of tortured children and slaughtered, also there were sexual orgies that were a part of the tableware rituals. He is one of the founder members of United States by the way...
English physicist Michael Faraday discovered the phenomenon of electromagnets induction. After a while, he received a letter signed "RM" the technical description of the generator of alternative current, "invention" that formed the basis of the human technical progress. Faraday has received many letters like this one signed by the same RM, which he made public at the time, and that contain technical details of the generator. However, the invention of major importance in the start of the development of scientific and technical revolution is assigned to the English physicist. The history of the letters containing scientific informations would repeat itself for several decades later.
A more concrete example, we have categorically in the person of Nicola Tesla. Genius, I would say, even superiour to Einstein in importance to its contribution to the development of science, was born in Serbia on 10 June 1856. With a vitality that puts you on thoughts, Tesla had since he was a child what today we call extrasensory perceptions. Tesla "saw" images projected designed, engines, appliances, devices, technology in general. All his inventions were developed mentally, he viewed, sometimes not knowing where is the limit between palpable reality and the one mentally projected. He said that all his inventions were perfected, were corrected in a mental projection so real that never a device imagined by him has failed. Everything worked perfectly, without further corrections, it was built perfectly, without preliminary experiments. Nicola Tesla has developed an unusual capacity for astral projection, in other dimensions where he found numerous "friends". As he communicated with the ethereal beings (the angels IW), Tesla was introduced with the technique in etheric, technique that he had seen decomposed in detail, in operation. From the age of 30 years, the scholar has lived in the U.S. The great majority of the inventions revealed by him, of astral origin, IT origin, I say, was labeled as Top Secret and "confiscated" by the Americans. What brought into the world Nicola Tesla? The inventions that came through "channel Tesla" could pave the way for clean energy and this happens at the end of last century. In 1891 he imagined the coil that bear his name. It is actually a resonant transformer, a high frequency coil, which fed from the network or from the battery raise up to hundreds of thousands of volts making a real gain of power, whose secret is the resonance with the energies of the environment!?!? Tesla coil can be used for lighting, communications, in water disinfection etc Tesla patented many types of electrical devices that are not powered electrically by cable. High frequency generators imagined by Tesla light fluorescent tubes through waves of radio-frequency. He imagined generators with installed power of 10,000 W, which illuminates wireless, on a distance of 30 km! The energy flows in the air. Like the radio devices, entering in function regardless their number capturing the radio frequency, to the Tesla generator can be added how many consumers you want. "He intended to develop a global communication system and almost he finished building a spectacular transformer tower of nearly 60 meters high for the global communications system, that before his sponsor to stop sponsoring (incidentally you think? a.n) . Therefore, most of his inventions based on the phenomena from the area of high tensions and of those that generates the functioning of the Tesla coil, "had disappeared" from the official technology or were studied and applied in diluted forms. Among these are numbered: wireless power transmission , idiotransmitions and radio-receivers (including multiplex systems), therapeutic methods based on using high frequency currents, new systems of lighting and heating, trains and aircrafts with propulsion systems running on high-frequency currents. "
These "inventions" occurred early in the scientific-technical revolution, could provide another picture of our world. The meaning and the scope of global development of mankind would have been different, if the scientific information shall not be confiscated. Why I.W. did not sent the scientific messages to others? They considered that their informations reached in the right place? I do not know ...
Jack Parsons, also a renowned occultist, held satanic rituals from which he obtained informations from the angels of darkness (IW). These rituals were held near the Area 51. Magical rituals that were called "Babylonian ceremonies" designed by Aleister Crowley, another notorious satanist. The purpose of these magic ceremonies conducted there where is now the Area 51, was to unlock a interdimensional gateway that would allow the entities contacted to have access to our tridimensional space-time continuum. He was involved in many technological projects that have led to the develoment of the rocket propulsion systems and many other projects very "inventive" on that NASA technology is based today. He also founded both NASA and Area 51.
Did Einstein had "divine" inspiration? It's just a question for me, unanswered. I do not know how many researchers have received their information on mental interconnection channels. I do not know how many would be willing to recognize today that they are not the the true authors of the patents that they sign. How true are the stories of today that indicates close contacts, permanent between earthling scientific researchers and extra / intraterestrials? I inclined to give credence to the events described in the famous Area 51 from Nevada.
Today, at least one representative of the world's leading scientific field, finds his inspiration of scientific order in the decoded ummite texts. This physician is called Jean-Pierre Petit - scientific director of the French National Council of Scientific Research, Director of the Observatory of Marseille. This scientist with solid reputation, an aeronautical engineer by training, began in 1975 the decoding of some very interesting texts, arrived by Spanish mail, in a way unknown, as messages of the ummits (inhabitants of the planet UMMO).
I read about Jean Pierre Petit for the first time in an article in the newspaper "La Presse" in Montreal on 6 November 1991, article entitled "A physicist finds inspiration in extraterrestrial messages." In the following year I bought his book "Enquete sur les extraterrestres qui sont deja parmi nous - Le Mystere des Ummites" in publisher Albin Michel in 1991. The book contains a scientific appendix quite detailed that is based on the ummite texts decoded and granted by Jean Pierre Petit with the terrestrial science. The events started in the '60s, when Spanish ufologists in Madrid began to receive letters signed by Xoodo7, the son of Xoodu4, which contained scientific and technical information far beyond our knowledge. Antonio Ribeira from Barcelona gathered the letters, he was one of the recipients. The letters indicate the source of the senders: Ummite civilization - on the planet UMMO - located to 14.6 light years from Earth, in the star system IUMMA, identified by humans as the star of catalog named Wolf 424. UMMO Fair has created considerable interest in a particular period and as many other chapters of the global phenomenon called UFO - contacts with aliens, was often denigrated, and those directly involved were ridiculed. Jean Pierre Petit's attention was drawn to the incoming ummite texts arrived through the Spanish channel between 1962-1967, offering innovative solutions in the area of material strength. In short it was a technical description of the wall of a vessel of disc-shaped, with channeling structure aspect, "vascular", microtubular, containing a liquefied substance under the effect of heat and vibrations. It seems that the ummites know exactly the level of our development. The informations offered by them are a new floor at an unfinished construction. That is, that after 15 years of intense study, French physicist managed to bring an important theoretical and practical contribution in areas very different of sciences. His works of ummite inspirations refers to: the geometry of curve spaces, subsonic fluid mechanics, computer science, theory of relativity generalized. Here I must make the mention that the messages show that the ummites know very well the theory developed by Einstein and they consider it incomplete, applicable to a three-dimensional system. They literally tell us: "... Einstein's theory is not wrong, but he ignores the fact that a constant speed of light is valid in a given reference system." The Ummite texts explains that the speed of light varies in a curved universe inversely of radius R of the universe. When the radius is equal to 0, the speed of light is infinite. The texts also makes references to: interstellar travel, robotics, economics, nuclear physics, cosmology, genesis of the universe, astrophysics, electromagnetism. The main work of Jean Pierre Petit, with immediate applicability refers to the magneto-hydrodynamic propulsion and at the flight with speeds 15 times higher than the speed of sound, avoiding the sonic bang. The informations are very interesting, but from the lack of space, I do not insist on them, but I remembered only as an example of the possibility to propel from a far the technical progress of mankind. I do not know if between UMMO and I.W. there is a relationship, but it would not be impossible. We will learn later that I.W. contains in fact a federation of 70 humanoid races!.
I gave only a few examples of what I think that was the quickening operation of human progress. It might be that those presented by me to be exaggerated and could be ... a drop in the ocean. Look at the Nobel prize-winners lists for all the scientific fields. How many of them are Hebrews .... genetically? Many! Do you think that they are smarter? I think not. My opinion is that the genetics of the Jewish structure allows an easier endowment with the implants of information. The history of the world was conducted for the Hebrews and through the Hebrews. If you don't believe read the next chapter.
Meanwhile all the so-called modern human civilization will be nothing else but a projection more or less happier of I.W.