User Tag List

12 Last

Default Is it okay for me to worry about......

being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger? Such feminine shit to worry and get angry about and I feel this anger for these reasons. It makes me even more angry that they are such stupid reasons. My face is starting to wrinkle and my baby face looks disappearing. My motivation sucks and I'm doing really crap in school a course I paid some big money to. Haven't even kissed a girl. The girls I like I doubt they ever liked or would like me....All the while people are dying from hunger and starvation.

All I got is a house and clothes over my back. Got no talent. I can't do the shit I want. I wanna work out but that stuff takes ages to build your body. I feel like just popping Valiums and smoking weed.

This may come off as sympathy seeking but I needed a place to vent.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

your use of the word feminine is interesting (in addition to incorrect).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    Is it OK for me to worry about . . . being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger?
    Only if what you are complaining about gets in the way of your helping the poor and the hungry.

Start helping someone else, and you not only will dwell less on your own worries, but will also feel better about yourself.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^ I agree that getting involved with helping people or animals will make you feel better. It can be paralyzing to feel a low self-esteem and it can also result from chemical imbalances of depression. I don't think the fact that people are starving makes other personal pain irrelevant. I think it is important to address whatever your own issues are with a sense of respect for whatever difficulties you face as an individual, but then to try to get your focus off of self. When people get too fixated on self (whether through low self-esteem or arrogance) it makes it hard to be healthy, happy, and make progress.

As far as looks and strength are concerned, consider this: eventually every person loses their attractiveness and their strength if they live long enough. People who start off beautiful and strong and form their self concept around those traits can end up with a harder time dealing with the loss of those traits. Those externals are some of the most impermanent qualities a person can posses which in the end makes them less important.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

what are you doing to change your situation? are you just sitting around and moping about things, or are you actually trying to figure out how to better your situation? you obviously realize that it's a problem, but are you going to take the next step and actually be willing to deal with the consequences and effort of snapping out of it?

... and yeah, I'll agree with randomnity about your usage of the word feminine
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

He feels powerless whatever. (By the way do you get notifications whenever anyone uses that word?)

To OP stop beating yourself up. The more you think like this the more you'll sabotage yourself. You need to realize you deserve to be happy too
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    He feels powerless whatever. (By the way do you get notifications whenever anyone uses that word?)

To OP stop beating yourself up. The more you think like this the more you'll sabotage yourself. You need to realize you deserve to be happy too
    nah... can't even vanity search my username on here

I was actually suggesting the type of steps and questions that are suggested to addicts who feel hopeless, only leaving out the religion part... can't see why it wouldn't work on feeling hopelessly addicted to navel gazing either sometimes even asking yourself questions can make you start to ponder changing and HOW to make it happen
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

It is not good to worry about anything.

I feel like a bitch worrying about height, looks, strength and all that but I just can't stop.

MBTI
    yupp

I use to volunteer at east bay aids project in oakland, than i volunteered at lichterman nature center feeding animals and cleaning in memphis i'll probably go back to lichterman unless i get the job at the bakery. it did help, believe me, if it was nothing more than having interaction with others.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so