User Tag List

First 12

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I use to volunteer at east bay aids project in oakland, than i volunteered at lichterman nature center feeding animals and cleaning in memphis i'll probably go back to lichterman unless i get the job at the bakery. it did help, believe me, if it was nothing more than having interaction with others.
    Yeah, this. And what everyone else has said. There's nothing like digging in the dirt and volunteering side by side with other people for good causes to forget about existential crises; out of those comes a great sense of self-satisfaction.

It's harder than it sounds to get started--there's inertia, having to find opportunities, etc.--but once the momentum is there, it's absolutely fantastic.

It's completely okay--and quite natural--to worry about the sorts of problems you describe. Their "solution" seems a bit odd and tangential because it's not self-directed, but it sure is effective.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger? Such feminine shit to worry and get angry about and I feel this anger for these reasons. It makes me even more angry that they are such stupid reasons. My face is starting to wrinkle and my baby face looks disappearing. My motivation sucks and I'm doing really crap in school a course I paid some big money to. Haven't even kissed a girl. The girls I like I doubt they ever liked or would like me....All the while people are dying from hunger and starvation.

All I got is a house and clothes over my back. Got no talent. I can't do the shit I want. I wanna work out but that stuff takes ages to build your body. I feel like just popping Valiums and smoking weed.

This may come off as sympathy seeking but I needed a place to vent.
    You could be fantistically good looking, strong and rich and still be sad. Depression does not discriminate (though it does have a higher prevelance amoung certain groups). I echo what others have said because it will help break a cycle, also you may meet people who you can relate to, and it is likely they will have a not so terrible opinion of you as you do yourself.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I wanna talk to my friends about this but it sounds so stupid.

'Hey man I'm depressed because I'm ugly and weak as fuck'.

Although I'm pretty sure that if I was good looking I would be a bit happy. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I can get the girl I want with my personality I know from experience that the better looking better socializing one will always always prevail. No ifs ands or buts for real.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

being ugly and weak when people are dying from poverty and hunger? Such feminine shit to worry and get angry about and I feel this anger for these reasons. It makes me even more angry that they are such stupid reasons. My face is starting to wrinkle and my baby face looks disappearing. My motivation sucks and I'm doing really crap in school a course I paid some big money to. Haven't even kissed a girl. The girls I like I doubt they ever liked or would like me....All the while people are dying from hunger and starvation.

All I got is a house and clothes over my back. Got no talent. I can't do the shit I want. I wanna work out but that stuff takes ages to build your body. I feel like just popping Valiums and smoking weed.

This may come off as sympathy seeking but I needed a place to vent.
    I wanna talk to my friends about this but it sounds so stupid.

'Hey man I'm depressed because I'm ugly and weak as fuck'.

Although I'm pretty sure that if I was good looking I would be a bit happy. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I can get the girl I want with my personality I know from experience that the better looking better socializing one will always always prevail. No ifs ands or buts for real.
    Oh my god. Dude if you want some advice, then stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self pity, whining, and loathing won't get you jack shit, and although venting about it can help you feel better, it's still not going to alliviate your problems. Get off your ass and; exercise more it'll help build self-esteem and stengthen your body (and it doesn't take that long either, even after a few months you should notice results); study harder and get good grades at school, it'll benefit you in the long run; find some hobbies and practice them, so that you can get good at something; date girls and attempt to befriend other girls, if you try you'll find someone sooner or later (you probably aren't that unattractive, and I garuntee you, there are girls with low standards out there). DON"T pop valiums and smoke weed all day. DON"T bitch about your life's woes, all of which are your fault for not doing anything about them. Stop being apathetic, pull yourself together, and get a life.