8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    No need to show off, or anything.

Oh wait, you're an ENTP.
    Suck my Pness.

INTP.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Suck my Pness.
    Gladly, if you make me some deviled eggs.

Or bacon will also do, I suppose. It has to be done perfectly though, so its sort of chewy yet sort of crunchy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Gladly, if you make me some deviled eggs.

Or bacon will also do, I suppose. It has to be done perfectly though, so its sort of chewy yet sort of crunchy.
    Deviled? Why deviled?

Pft, perfectly? My bacon would always be perfect!!!

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Deviled? Why deviled?

Pft, perfectly? My bacon would always be perfect!!!

Why deviled? Because evil simply cannot taste any better.

Really. If I were to taste something better, the evil would drain out of me, and then I'd have to live with being...nice.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Why deviled? Because evil simply cannot taste any better.

Really. If I were to taste something better, the evil would drain out of me, and then I'd have to live with being...nice.
    Did an ISFP really just make that statement? I call BS.

The Attention Economy

We live in the Attention Economy.

We live in the Attention Economy because attention is scarce; we compete for attention. And so we economise on attention.

And how do we pay in the Attention Economy?

We pay attention.

The attention rich are the celebrities, who garner the attention of millions. The celebrities are our new millionaires.

Whereas, we are the attention poor, and must pay attention to one another.

And how greedy we are for attention, and how we envy the attention given to others.

We could, though, increase the attention pie by learning to listen to one another.

Permabanned

I'm not famous and probably never will be, but I'd be lying to myself if I said the idea doesn't intrigue me. It's certainly a motivator...something I think has to do more with my E type than my mbti type. In this way, it seems, the systems clash...yet I can see how it works for me.

As for what means I'd pursue fame with (simply for the sake of fame), I do not know. I don't have any discernible talents...and really I'm quite a boring person once the initial glow wears off. In this way, I'm strange.

But, I find pursuing fame for fame's sake is an activity that is, overall, justifiable. People are motivated by different things. Money, Power, Love...and I've always just assumed those things didn't really matter to me at the end of the day...or rather, were achievable with the right amount of effort and appropriate strategy. Fame, I think, doesn't work like that...you don't have all the answers, and its achievability is something that isn't wholly dependent on you. Perhaps, rather unhealthily, pursing fame to prove to myself that my existence isn't completely futile is my main motivation. It enables you to define yourself however you wish to define yourself, but through others. If my existence is significant to other people, the masses, then who am I to say that I don't think my existence means all that much? It means something to other people...and it's a selfish person who wouldn't be moved in some way by that. These thoughts constantly plague me, and have quite honestly lead me to do things I regret. But, it's all a growing process, I think.

And like the op title says, there is a sort of lasting immortality that comes from being a celebrity. Fame (though perhaps still a shallow value to want) is no less shallow, I don't think, than any other value. It has intrinsic value.

Beyond happiness, I mean. Happiness being by definition the value wanted above all others.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

B. ENTP>INTJ
    D. Intelligence<looks

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That's because intelligence is > looks

I can't think of anything worth being famous about. It'd be cool to be recognized for being some pioneer or having a special set of skills, but I wouldn't know what those were, personally. Definitely not entertainment. I think it's kind of sad that most fame revolves around that (not that I don't like it. I'm a musician myself. It's just overblown). What would be really cool is being famous like Neil Armstrong or Christopher Columbus. Maybe 500 years in the future, someone will do it again. As for other people, I don't know anyone who talks about being famous. I'm sure I wouldn't hang around for long.