User Tag List

First 234

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I'm with you. It's sad to see that.
    I didn't get that. He's just giving his opinion [based on the facts] and leveling the playing field. He doesn't sound emotional.
    lolz, no way.
    Naw, I think he's very much in control of his emotions. It's obvious he does a lot of reading. He's articulate. He's respectful.
    Honestly, the OP doesn't consider pertinent facts that I'd like to believe are obvious to most of us, so when I read it, I thought, "who's he kidding?"
    They've already been mentioned. Please see the discussion on page 1 of the thread.

I find this well known fact compelling:
    Catholicism - The largest Christian denomination in the world. (1.2 billion members.)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ber_of_members

Um again, what are the pertinent facts he isn't considering that you mentioned on page 1?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    One paradoxical sign seen throughout history that the Catholic Church will survive is when everybody saids it's on the verge of dying. They said that with the fall of Rome, they said that during the 10th century, they said it in the 16th century. They especially said it in 1799 when Napoleon's armies marched into Rome and deposed Pope Pius VI. Napoleon even later on had his successor Pius VII arrested held as his personal prisoner.
    They said it for different reasons, though. This time, fortunately, the foundational hoax is in danger.

I doubt this century will see the end of the catholic church, but if it does, it will only be the end of the faith department: the church is also one of the largest real estate owners in the world. If, then, the church sold all that property, it might actually do some good with the money.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Um again, what are the pertenent facts he isn't considering that you mentioned on page 1?
    Do you realize you are coming across as "playing dumb"?

The key pertinent fact is that the Catholic church is the largest church in the world. It's not going anywhere.

I referred you to the "discussion" on page 1 for additional facts (*not* my posts).
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 03-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Sniffles

"The Catholic Church is an institution I am bound to hold divine, but for unbelievers, here is proof of its divinity, that no merely human institution run with such knavish imbecility would have lasted a fortnight."
    --Hilaire Belloc

"Temples and churches, pagodas and mosques, in all lands and in all ages, in splendour and vastness, testify to the metaphysical need of man, which, strong and ineradicable, follows hard on his physical need. Certainly, if satirically inclined, one might add that this metaphysical need is a modest fellow who makes do with poor fare. At times, he contents himself with clumsy fables and insipid tales: if only imprinted early enough, they are to him sufficient explanations for his existence and pillars for his morality."
    -- Arthur Schopenhauer

"Fear is the mother of morality" - Nietzsche
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Again, the key pertinent fact is that the Catholic church is the largest church in the world. It's not going anywhere.
    And it is growing everywhere except the Western world.