User Tag List

First 1234 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're one of the strangest people here, when it comes to projections. Half of your posts are emotionally charged and accusing people of "projecting" something on to you. It seems to be your biggest pet peeve.. Yet, it's what you do to others. It's at a comical level, just how often.
    lolz, no way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Unfortunately? I believe I will think differently about you after this post.

How easy it is to discount all the good that religion has done, how hard it is to remember and acknowledge.
    The unfortunately is directed at the OP. I also included every religion but you must have missed that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    lolz, no way.
    It's at a point where people can't even enter a thread with Lark, say something in support of his general concerns, and yet.. still find the guy go aggro. The funny thing is that I might be his closest ally, next to you, in this thread.

So yeah, it's comical.

A window to the soul

It's at a point where people can't even enter a thread with Lark, say something in support of his general concerns, and yet.. still find the guy go aggro. The funny thing is that I might be his closest ally, next to you, in this thread.

So yeah, it's comical.
    Naw, I think he's very much in control of his emotions. It's obvious he does a lot of reading. He's articulate. He's respectful.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lark and his sidekick Nerd Girl. How lovely.

Any religious/Catholic thread is almost immediately derailed by the same old spiels. Can we get back to the OP?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Naw, I think he's very much in control of his emotions. It's obvious he does a lot of reading. He's articulate. He's respectful.
    I don't doubt that he reads. That has nothing to do with emotions though. He doesn't control them. My original post directed to him was just trying to help recognize that the OP was just analyzing trends. He read a lot of suspicion in it, and went on a tangent about how offensive it was. And when I addressed him about it, it seemed like he wanted to think I was opposed to him as well. I didn't even say anything about his idealogy. Just his focus... and yet, he assumed I was trying to "reinforce my prejudices" too.

I probably don't have the prejudice he thinks I have (not entirely at least). The truth is that I agree with some of the points he's making about some of the RCC's virtues. And I also know some of the finer points he's making in past history, like with Calvin and Geneva.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that. I already said what I think. The Catholic church probably isn't disappearing anytime soon.

A window to the soul

I don't doubt that he reads. That has nothing to do with emotions though. He doesn't control them. My original post directed to him was just trying to help recognize that the OP was just analyzing trends. He read a lot of suspicion in it, and went on a tangent about how offensive it was. And when I addressed him about it, it seemed like he wanted to think I was opposed to him as well. I didn't even say anything about his idealogy. Just his focus... and yet, he assumed I was trying to "reinforce my prejudices" too.

I probably don't have the prejudice he thinks I have. The truth is that I agree with some of the points he's making about some of the RCC's virtues. And I also know some of the finer points he's making in past history, like with Calvin and Geneva.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that. I already said what I think. The Catholic church probably isn't disappearing anytime soon.
    Honestly, the OP doesn't consider pertinent facts that I'd like to believe are obvious to most of us, so when I read it, I thought, "who's he kidding?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Honestly, the OP doesn't consider pertinent facts that I'd like to believe are obvious to most of us, so when I read it, I thought, "who's he kidding?"
    What are the pertinent facts he isn't considering?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Sniffles

One paradoxical sign seen throughout history that the Catholic Church will survive is when everybody saids it's on the verge of dying. They said that with the fall of Rome, they said that during the 10th century, they said it in the 16th century. They especially said it in 1799 when Napoleon's armies marched into Rome and deposed Pope Pius VI. Napoleon even later on had his successor Pius VII arrested held as his personal prisoner.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    What are the pertinent facts he isn't considering?
    They've already been mentioned. Please see the discussion on page 1 of the thread.

I find this well known fact compelling:
    Catholicism - The largest Christian denomination in the world. (1.2 billion members.)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ber_of_members