• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it normall......

Illmatic

Its the little things that i dislike my life for. Yet I shouldn't because people are worse of them me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would seem abnormal (at least to me) to be incapable of differentiating between attractive and non-attractive from ones own sex.

To be honest, it took me a long time to even understand what women found to be attractive.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think beautiful & sexually attractive are two different things (although they often coincide) & this is where the confusion lies. Not to mention, individuals have different tastes in both areas.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh:

Guy 1: Have you ever just said, "Hey man, that's a nice dick. No homo, just sayin' your girl is really lucky."
Guy 2: I do that all the time! It's like complimenting someone's form at the gym, or saying someone's lost weight.
Guy 1: It's just polite and courteous. Nothing gay about it. You have a nice dick, btw, guy 2.
Guy 2: Hey thanks man!

^ Conversation from last night at work. They were joking, but I somehow found it relevant here.

S

Society

yes it is normal, and so are english fails for people who have it as a second or third language - get off the boy's back people, his clearly not into being screwed that way.

OP boy - just ask yourself:
when you admire an attractive man, does the blood flow south? are you aroused by the thought of touching him or him touching you?
no? your straight.
yes? answer the next question:
are you aroused by looking at an attractive woman, the thought of touching her or her touching you?
no? your gay.
yes? your bisexual.

also - download spellcheck or something and save yourself many embarrassing moment.

Illmatic

No I do not get aroused by that shit. At best I'd wanna be friends with em be homies and smoke weed just so girls would recognize me for being their friend but when it comes to touching fuck that, friendship would end.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
for a straight person to recognize or even admire a good looking person from the same gender?

I was watching Justified and Timothy Olyphant/Raylen Givens is probably one of the best looking people I've seen and If I look like that I'd get all the females lol. Does this mean I'm gay? I'd hate to be even though there is nothing wrong with it.

If you have to ask yourself and other people on a forum if you are gay, you probably are. It's not bad to recognize, but when you dwell into it and make more lines you might polarize and fall on the other side which you try to hide from. WHUT?

Ever wonder why people sometimes turn out to be the one thing they resented?

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Nah, you aren't gay unless you desire sex with men.

Also, I'd like to point out that you incorrectly used and spelled the word "normal"

Lark

for a straight person to recognize or even admire a good looking person from the same gender?

I was watching Justified and Timothy Olyphant/Raylen Givens is probably one of the best looking people I've seen and If I look like that I'd get all the females lol. Does this mean I'm gay? I'd hate to be even though there is nothing wrong with it.

I dont believe it means you're homosexual.

The theories of projection and identification from psychoanalysis which I think are credible in terms of explaining some of the determinants of sexual orientation besides cultural or genetic predispositions explain it this way:-

- When individuals have not developed an adequate psychological sex profile, ie masculinity in males, femininity in females, themselves they can tend to project what they feel is inadequate about themselves onto others of the same sex, so you have males or females who will idolise or infatuate about others of the same sex which they believe personify the attributes which they lack. This is an unconscious or preconscious psychological process.

- Once an individual has an adequate psychological sex profile they wont engage in projection, they will have become fully identified with their sex and develop an interest in the opposite sex. In my understanding this is linked with Jung's archetypes of male and female within the human collective and personal consciousness, the anima and animus, which exists in everyone male or female.

Now, I acknowledge that is a heteronormative theorising of sexual identity and orientation, perhaps, it makes sense to me and I believe corresponds to the majority of humanity for the majority of human history. I dont think that the linking of development towards and culmination in hetersexual love relationships, as a linear maturational progression, is necessarily discriminatory. I dont believe it is, as it has been labelled, hetero-sexist or hetero-supremacist. It is, so far as my direct experience tells, and contrary to the queer theory of liberal arts contemporary cultural norms, the experience of the majority.

I dont accept the view that, as a consequence of these psychological processes, bisexuality is in reality the universal norm and heterosexual or homosexual binary or dichotomous definitions invalid, at least not in the sense of sexual attraction in the popular sense. The sense in which this projection and consequent attraction is sexual it is sexual in the classic Freudian sense of a wider concept meaning all social interaction (which I in turn interpret with certain revisions and insights from social interactionist and symbolic interactionist theories).

I think that the way in which this question is posited and is one that the OP is posing to themselves and then reflecting in a discussing with others online indicates that culturally there has been a shift towards treating homosexuality as normative. The various political campaigns are just window dressing to that basic paradigm shift, which will effect those least willing or able to reconcile themselves to that change the most.

To me that's disasterous, it should be something which anyone could see as such, there's few other decisions or choices in which best intentions have mandated that the majority be compelled to validate decisions and choices, privately and publically, which are not naturally their own.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't do the remora feeding off the scraps of the shark strategy.. that is just sad

By the way, how is this in philosophy and spirituality?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I think it's normal. I'm female and I admire the beauty of certain females all the time. As well as males. I'm also straight. I recognize some females as beautiful but I'm not romantically or sexually interested in them like I would be for males.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No I do not get aroused by that shit. At best I'd wanna be friends with em be homies and smoke weed just so girls would recognize me for being their friend but when it comes to touching fuck that, friendship would end.

You mean you'd be the hot guy's less-attractive sidekick? Man, have some dignity. Don't settle to catch anyone's runoff. :(

Illmatic

When I was a kid I would never do this. Just recently in high school I thought it was all about being 'cool'. Who you are seen with. Like If I see a good looking guy I'd wanna be friends with him all people to be like 'he's friends with him'.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx

Forget about normality. People constrain to their observed reality of what normal is, and try not to work outside those lines, and repress any thought outside those boundries. There is something wrong, however, in being jealouse/envious of another mans looks. If you have a smooth personality you can get all the bitches, it's how you present yourself. But of course genetic makeup is a factor.