• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The best thing you can be in life...

Illmatic

Is good looking.

-People talk to you if you're good looking.
-You can talk better if you're good looking and if you can go really far in this world.
-Good looking people get other good looking people
-'Looks attracts, Heart keeps' If you don't look good what is there for the heart to keep?

Thats how it is.

S

Society

meh, you'd be surprised how many problems you'd still be facing.

nope - the best thing in life is to have the ability to smile and put on a good face and function fully even when your a broken wreck inside. if you can do that, people will naturally gravitate towards you when you could actually use it, you'll be able to sell yourself and any other product or service that comes with it. there's no place to fall from that you can't get up, you won't be pushing the people you want away.

i consider myself good looking by most standards (except perhaps my weight), but having the self-discipline to fake a smile... i'd exchange for that any day.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought this was going to be all deep and philosophical. :dry:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have thought similar things though I'm not sure about looks all the time, especially if you're amongst a bunch of regular people, people will be skeptical. If we're talking simple presentability with symmetrical features, I think it helps a lot. I think that you can be an effective person with some basic presentable looks and charm. It's difficult to do it with intelligence or skill or motivation alone.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
^^Have you seen Rick Santorum? That's guy face is totally assymetrical. Yet he's running for pres.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you feel self conscious about your looks I have good news for you. Most people tend to look at and be attracted to the whole person, not particular features, so if you are self conscious about a particular trait you have then most other people probably don't even notice. If you feel less attractive generally then there are three specific things you can do to improve your appearance: 1) work out/eat healthy B) fashion/grooming 3) confidence building. The first will make you FEEL better and attract you more attention which will help build confidence, the second will allow you to flatter your figure/seperate you from the rest of the crowd, the third is realizing a lot of this is in your head and women are WAAAY turned on by confidence especially the uber hot ones because most men get nervous/shy around them so when you start seeing yourself as hot you'll begin to feel better and more confident then you'll attract similarly minded people into your life.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
There is more to life than being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking

DerekZoolanderFerrari.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Fixed :)
Is good looking.

-People talk to you if you're good looking. People talk to you if you can communicate efficiently.
-You can talk better if you're good looking and if you can go really far in this world. You can talk better if you are educated to a certain standard and if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything regardless of looks, look at Obama/Bush etc
-Good looking people get other good looking people Good looks are in the eyes of the beholder
-'Looks attracts, Heart keeps' If you don't look good what is there for the heart to keep? What a crock of shit.

Thats how it is. The revised version is how it is :D

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You sound crazy man. The best thing to be in life is satisfied & you won't get there with this attitude!

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="UHohEY-IQ_w"]Conan, what is best in life?[/YOUTUBE]

Mole

Permabanned
The Lottery of Life

Is good looking.

The only thing better is to be dumb and good looking, but on reflection it is better to be dumb, good looking with rat cunning. And even better is to be dumb, good looking with rat cunning and your Mommy good looking and your Daddy rich.

On the other hand, you could win the lottery of life by being born in Oz.

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w9
Whoever craves the longer length of life,
not content to desire a moderate span,
him I will judge with no uncertainty: he clings to folly.

For the long years lay in deposit many things nearer to pain than joy;
but as for your delights, you will find them nowhere,
when someone's life has fallen beyond the fitting period.

The Helper comes at last to all alike,
when the fate of Hades is suddenly revealed,
without marriage-song, or lyre, or dance: Death at the end.

Not to be born is, beyond all estimation, best;
but when a man has seen the light of day,
this is next best by far, that with utmost speed he should go back from where he came.

For when he has seen youth go by, with its easy merry-making,
what hard affliction is foreign to him, what suffering does he not know?
Envy, factions, strife, battles, and murders.

Last of all falls to his lot old age,
blamed, weak, unsociable, friendless,
wherein dwells every misery among miseries.

From Oedipus at Colonus

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is good looking.

-People talk to you if you're good looking.
-You can talk better if you're good looking and if you can go really far in this world.
-Good looking people get other good looking people
-'Looks attracts, Heart keeps' If you don't look good what is there for the heart to keep?

Thats how it is.

I doubt the women of Eastern Congo are blessing their good looks. Op's view is far too general and bold a statement to make, i disagree.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good looks are bit trivial to be called the best thing to be. It can certainly add a lot to a person's happiness, but I doubt anyone's end goal in life is to be aesthetically pleasing to other people. I say aesthetically pleasing instead of attractive, because there is a lot more to attraction than one's physique.
As [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] brought up, it's also largely culture dependent - both the valuing of good looks and the accepted characteristics of it. In the west, where it seems to be of greater import, people also have a greater control over it via plastic surgery etc. Despite that, good looking can still be absolutely miserable due to other misfortunes, and if they don't even value the things you brought up in the original post (attracting other people) as highly as you do, then it means little to them.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Content (and it makes the egotistic and narcissistic angry).

redacted

I'm sure it'd be nice to be in the 99th percentile in looks or whatever the metric is....but... the best thing you can be? Eh. It's so surface level. Most rewarding things in the world take a lot of work to maintain, which beauty doesn't help with at all.

If you want a bunch of really short relationships, I guess I agree that it'd be a great trait to have.

I think it's much more important what you do and say once you have someone's attention, though -- getting their attention isn't even close to half the battle (but it's the main part that being attractive helps with).

Illmatic

I know this is right. I always get confused when I see a good looking person with a not good looking person. Probably the reason I'll never get the person I like.

Also good looking people never have chest hair or any kind of unattractive body hair.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
look at me.
yes, right there, to the left! <.<

does this make me happy?
no, but it did made me once narcissistic, which is the opposite of progressive contentness.
may be nice for a while, until you realize how insignificant a thing it really is.

although.. YEAH i LOVE my looks =)
yes my natural hair colour is exactly what i want to be, my eyes are exactly the colour i want them to be. natural beauty.
as for the mishaps, you wont see them as i use my charm to conceal them by not allowing your attention to get bored.
charm works much better than anything else to conceal what you dont want others to see.
(not very healthy attitude in general, better pride in something which actually benefits my progression as a person. and generally, life for pride is not contentful, and thus i have more to resist than what others have..)
oh, and those colours were.. hair golden silverish sand, eyes green.

its not about what _is_ beautiful, its about _how_ you can see it as beautiful.

i suppose this is a funny thing, but ive never seen a human of my gender i would consider more beautiful than i am.
(while yes, that means of opposite i have, but just one. comparison between genders kind of impossible though.)
what makes it funny, is for not many can say that, but everyone should cause you are how you see yourself as.
and looks in particular, wont stay.

*turning momentary narcissism off*

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The best thing I can be in life is to become the Ultimate Cosmic Superpower that masterminds the fall and destruction of God Almighty, overthrowing him and ursurping his Grand Throne in a single brilliant stroke! ALL HAIL RAPTORWIZARD! ALL HAIL RAPTORWIZARD!