User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the point?

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So what is the feeling you are blocking?
    The feeling that there is no point. Though obviously it is coming out. Other feelings? Trying to define the feeling of no point? Like you said- hard to put one's finger on emotion.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    The feeling that there is no point. Though obviously it is coming out. Other feelings? Trying to define the feeling of no point? Like you said- hard to put one's finger on emotion.
    It is hard to put your finger on an emotion. It is hard to touch an emotion. It is hard to come to grips with an emotion.

On the other hand, we are now using a tactile sense to reach for the emotion.

So perhaps we could describe your emotion in tactile terms - what does it feel like to touch?

But be careful as you touch it, for it is sensitive and very easily hurt. So be gentle with your emotion. Stoke it, caress it, hold it gently and warmly. Let it speak to you. All you need to do is listen.

You're supposed to make your own point. Or just be okay with there being no point.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Permabanned Array

I'm still trying to figure out what a valid point am I supposed to figure out what the point is, or even what my point is, when I can't seem to figure out what a point is?

In my estimation, very few points seem to have been discovered...and those who have discovered these points don't seem to be talking. ( that part of the point?)

If, and/or when, I ever discover the point I'll be very surprised if I told anyone...I guess that might another part of the point.

So, there you go, two sub points to start you off on your journey back to Pointville. I graciously accept your applause (and donations if you are offering.)

There is no point imo. Other than to have peace with the idea of having no point.

The quest for "meaning" is almost the ultimate in entitlement. Why should I have some grasp of definitive meaning, when the human race as whole never has? Be thankful that you're just alive. Be thankful that you're not in some tribe that hasn't evolved in 40,000 years, and uses all of it's time scraping the bark off of trees, eating, sleeping, and repeating the process. Be thankful that you didn't have your face mauled by a killer chimp. That you weren't born a stillborn. Or with a terrible disability. All of these people deserve to ask the question of "meaning" more than anyone, but usually they don't. So why should I?

Hopefully this doesn't sound like platitudes - because I tell myself this as much as anyone else. It's the only way to remain sane... for me at least. The minute I start desiring too much that isn't here, well... that's the road to ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I was once asked by a member if I ever got depressed, because I always seem so happy. No, I'm not, and right now is one of those moments.

What's the point of it all? Life? Relationships? Before I go into some depressing, cynical rant, I want to hear other perspectives.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Everybody makes their own point.

You people are silly.